Must be finished in 6 days by Tuesday 28/09/2021
Create a freight cost calculator for a Woocommerce shop website, connecting to Startrack and Australia Post utilising connectin via Australia Post Shipping and Tracking API.
No Label creation required. Formula and further specifics provided on acceptance.
1. Retrieve quantities and dimensions of product items in cart
2. Get freight cost for Startrack and Australia Post,
3. Show freight cost in cart during checkout
4. Make shipping option selectable as per customer choice
5. When Startarck is selected force selection of one of 2 choices: ATL or Signature on delivery.
6. Show small logo of Startrack and Australia Post
7. Use the cost of the result chosen to add shipping to the cost in the checkout.
8. Show shipping cost as a separate line item.
9. Make the plugin work with one page checkout.
10. Transfer the total weight and volume of the order in KG and cubic meters to the order form.
11. The freight/shipping cost must be able to be picked up by an order import-export module which is importing the order into another software system.
• Connection: Links to Australia Post and Startrack information
o Getting Started information
o Technical Specifications for Shipping and Tracking Services
o Sample code for API calls
o The developer is to source information about connection to Woocommerce ans Word Press.
• Startrack specifics: Startrack API calls can return freight cost by submitting total weight and volume of all items on an order and does not require carton or item specific dimensions.
• Australia Post requires dimensions of each carton shipped to return a freight cost. A “Liquid Box” formula will be provided by the employer to calculate the quantity and specific dimensions of all cartons in each shipment. The qty and dimensions will then be used to work out the total number of individiual cartons in the consignment and request freight cost from Australia Post accordinghly.
• Based on the above the request call made to Startrack and Australia Post will slightly differ from each other, Startrack using total weight and volume, Australia Post using the result of a formula and calculation based on the total weight and volume.