We have a large database of 40,000 plus word pairs that are designed to be used with the AutoCorrect feature of Microsoft Word. We need a user friendly GUI frontend that will allow the user to install the word pairs into their AutoCorrect list.
Word: a string of characters separated from other text by punctuation, a space, or a return.
Word pair: a pair of words where the first word in the word pair will be replaced by the second word in the word pair. For example, a word pair of appel/apple would cause the AutoCorrect feature to replace the word “appel” with “apple”
Microsoft Word: includes all versions of Microsoft Word beginning with Word 2007.
1. Create GUI (graphical user interface) that walks user through installing our database of word pairs into the AutoCorrect database with their existing pairs file. For American English, these word pairs are found in part of the file called MSO1033.acl.
2. The GUI will notify the users of any conflicts (i.e. duplicates on the left side that are not duplicated on the right side) and allow them to choose their pair or our pair. For example, if gread/grade is already in their AutoCorrect list and we have gread/great in our list, the user will be prompted to choose their existing pair or to choose our pair.
3. Preserve the users list of word pairs in case they ever want to remove our pairs from their AutoCorrect.
4. When the user removes our pairs, they would retain their original list of pairs and any pairs that they had added since they had installed our pairs.
5. We will periodically send updates (additions and corrections) to our AutoCorrect list. The GUI will provide the user the same selection capability as the original list but will not
6. The installation of our word pairs must take less than 5 minutes.
7. The software will not infringe on any of Microsoft’s code, copyrights, or algorithms.
8. The software will not affect the way that the Autocorrect feature in Microsoft Word performs.
Delivery will include both object code and source code.
We will retain the rights to the program and future versions of it.
1. Which language would you prefer to work in?
2. How long woutd this project take you to program, test, and deliver?
3. Can you speed test this program without us sharing the database with you? (The speed of the program is critical -- it is relatively easy to code this in a macro but the insertion of 40,000 entries into the AutoCorrect file would take hours and is not acceptable
Input file: tab-delimited text file with records separated by CR/LF
Please note in step 6 that the time required eliminates the use of a Word macro which we have seen take hours to complete
10 freelancers are bidding on average $2125 for this job
A nice tricky thing you want. Just give us a set of the test data to proof-check that the whole "installation" process should take under 30 secs after a user clicks on "Accept changes".