I am looking for a competent WordPress expert who has experience working with the Genesis framework from StudioPress who will do ALL of my custom integration. This is the first of several projects we have in the pipeline. All bidders must be available via MSN Messenger, have good communication skills and SAMPLES of sites they have built using the Genesis theme.
BACKGROUND: We have a development environment already setup with the Genesis theme installed and ready to go.
SCOPE: Splice up Photoshop PSD mockup of homepage and internal page design and integrate into Genesis theme for WordPress ensuring all content areas are widgetized and fancy dropdowns and menus work properly.
Here is a link to view both the homepage and internal page mockups:
[url removed, login to view]
1. No Flash. The large hero graphic on the homepage should be random and managed using a plugin (to be selected and/or built by bidder). Notice that the navigation bars have an opacity so that the image can be seen through the navigation bars.
2. Hero Graphic Call to Action (CTA) - The main hero graphic will have a CTA as part of the image. We must have the ability to add both the graphic and the URL for the CTA in the admin. It's fine to make the the entire hero graphic a link (or possibly an image map over the right portion of the graphic so it does not overlap the 3 Product Features). We can work out details once the project is awarded.
3. Product Features - The 3 Product Features on top of the main hero graphic should be managed from the admin as widgetized areas so we can change the text, etc. It's fine to make them "blank" so we simply have to add a Text widget and format them ourselves.
4. Body Copy / Chat Now graphic - This area can either use tokens to create the columns or they can be separated widgetized areas.
5. 3 Columns on Homepage - These areas should simply use the default widget areas in the Genesis theme and should require no customization.
6. Footer - The footer area can be a single widget area where we can drop in HTML.
7. Navigation - The Genesis theme uses a Primary and Secondary navigation menu. All menus should be managed from the Menu module in WordPress so we can customize the menu labels, etc. The labels should be text and not graphics, but the font should look as much as possible like the font in the mockup. The Primary menu should use the built-in "Fancy dropdowns" in Genesis.
In the link above there are different layouts that represent some of the page layout options within the Genesis framework. There is no need to actually design every one of these.
1. Primary Sidebar - Once the Primary sidebar has been coded it should "overlap" the top bars and display exactly like the mockup - regardless of where it's positioned on on the page.
2. Secondary Sidebar - The Secondary Sidebar is different. It should NOT overlap the top bar so the top padding of this column should force the content to begin "even" with the page content.
3. The 3 Product boxes in the Primary Sidebar should have "hover states" and should be managed from a text widget added to the sidebar.
NOTE: It's more important on the internal pages that the formatting and spacing is correct. We will add the content to the sidebars. But the bidder will be responsible to make sure there is a "sample" sub navigation text area with the proper background, padding, list arrows, etc. As long as we have the "sample" we can built out the site. The same is true for the hovers on the products.
I will provide any additional information (HEX color codes, etc.) once the project is awarded. We anticipate this project should be awarded and finished within the next 2 weeks.
Please drop me a note with any questions!