Due to delays when the original selected bidder withdrew, I've had to get some of this work done elsewhere now. So I'd like to invite further bids for the work outlined below.
The website is Wordpress, using the GeoPlaces V3 theme in multi-city mode, except instead of cities I am using countries. If you have not had experience with this premium theme and multi-city functions before, you may find it difficult to do this work, so please tell me about your experience with GeoPlaces when you place your bid.
The site is now live at [url removed, login to view] so please take a look before you bid.
What I still need to have done is the following (a list of mostly quite small things):
(1) When a user selects a category or tag (from the top nav, tag clouds or sidebar menus) which has no topics, I want to be able to display a meaningful message about why there are no topics - message may include HTML, the country selector and a search field.
(2) Sidebar Google maps should scale/zoom according to how many digits are in the latitude/longitude to the right of the decimal point. If only one digit, use Zoom=1, if 10 digits, use Zoom=10. Alternatively, the form to enter latitude and longitude needs to have a zoom factor field, which is read to determine the map zoom level.
(3) Need a styled custom widget containing a country selector, category selector and search field which can be inserted into the "Front Top Banner" section of the layout, with brief instructions, so it looks like part of the theme.
(4) Need an automatically updating XML (Google) sitemap plugin which ignores the country (multi-city) filter so all posts and pages, regardless of "city" are accessible to spiders/crawlers.
(5) Need a search engine plugin which also ignores the multi-city filter, so users can choose to search across all countries, or just the currently selected country.
(6) I want users to be able to sign up to the website using social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter or Google).
(7) I need the "custom video" code in the template moved from the top of the place listing display code to the bottom.
(8) I need the photo gallery styled so the main pic and thumbnail pics have white space and border like the home page thumbnails.
All plugins used must be compatible with the GeoPlaces theme. Any compatibility issues must be resolved by the person doing this work.
Any code changes must be done in a way that they will not be over-written by Wordpress upgrades, plugin upgrades or theme upgrades. This will need to be documented for future maintenance.
I am still looking for someone to work with on future Wordpress websites. I don't yet have a reliable developer for this platform. So if you are looking for a long term working relationship, this is a good project to bid on.