We want to create a series of modifications to the installation of WordPress with the BuddyBoss plugin and theme that will allow use it as a platform for a multiplayer simulation experience:
1. Improving the BuddyBoss notifications feature
- Changing the default rate by which the BuddyBoss theme checks if it should post any new notifications.
- Adding a notification about a new post on the main newsfeed
- Adding a notification about a new post in a group that the user is a member of
2. Automatic posting
We want to be able to add in the WordPress admin panel newsfeed updates and forum entries assigned to specific users of our installation of WordPress+BuddyBoss. These newsfeed updates and forum entries will be grouped in packages. Then, from the admin panel, we want to be able to bulk post selected packages.
3. Popup/overlay that is triggered by the moderator and displayed immediately in the browsers of all users. When the popup opens, it should block all other actions on the website.
We want to put in the popup following types of content:
- Video (embedded) with an option to enter fullscreen
- Polls created in one of the free polls/forms plugins
- The results of these polls
- Any HTML content (text, pictures, etc) - together with advanced formatting
4. Adding the settings for all newly created features to the WordPress admin panel (we want to be able to control as much as possible without tinkering with the code).
5. Removing a number of unnecessary theme elements on the level of the child theme.