I am looking for wordpress customization for our website. Send me the time frame and the quote. The customization includes following:
Here is a list of the web development tasks we believe are necessary to accomplish the goals. As a web development professional, we are also open to your thoughts, ideas and recommendations:
1. Membership Management Plug-In - This is what differentiates the various types of members and enables their unique online privileges. Currently we are using WishList Member to manage our different membership levels. This plug in seems to work OK if it is installed properly. This function should either be re-organized, re-installed, or replaced with a new plug-in that provides a similar function.
2. Social Media Functionality - Buddy Press appears to be the ideal system for creating User Profiles, Groups and Forums. We are interested in methods to blend or incorporate content from our posts into the appropriate group or incorporate group activity into the appropriate post categories. For example, a user who clicks the “Panama” group, should also be able to easily locate articles that have been filed into the “Panama” category, and likewise, a user who is reading an article filed in the category “Panama” should be invited to join this group and be able to see recent group activity, events, sponsors, forums, etc.
3. Ad/Sponsor Management System - We would like to enable sponsors to sponsor specific groups, categories, and sub categories. For example, a sponsor could agree to sponsor “Pedasi, Panama”. By paying the sponsorship fee, the sponsors ad/profile should appear within the posts filed in the “Pedasi, Panama” sub category, as well as within the group “Panama”. The sponsor should have a profile page like all the other members but their “face” should be their business logo. Ideally, we could install a “contact” button that delivers business inquiries from our members or web surfers directly to the sponsors’ business email. We also want a “like” button next to the sponsors profile or ad, and a “comment” button linked to an area to submit comments to this sponsor. We would also like Sponsors to be able to submit “Sponsored Posts”, eg. submit their own articles, events, or announcements which they have written to inform our readers. These posts should somehow be identified as having been written by “sponsors” as opposed to one of our other contributors. Sponsors may also contribute to the forums within the groups they have sponsored. Each group, category, forum, etc. should have a link that says “Sponsor this Community/Group/Category” encouraging new sponsors to sign up. Rather than be located on the side bar, we would like Sponsored ad profile placements to appear within the actual post content, and within the appropriate group and forum pages.
4. Real Estate Listing Management – We need to install a real estate listing plug-in which we have already purchased but have not been able to install yet. Paid Sponsors should be able to upload up to 10 property listings in either the for rent or for sale sections of our real estate directory.
5. FaceBook Integration - We would like to integrate a button so members may “like” our FaceBook page. We want as many people to “like” as possible, so “like” buttons should be displayed in obvious places (on the initial subscription/profile form, on the page that appears after they have successfully registered, and areas of the web site itself). Ideally, new members would be asked to invite friends or somehow announce to their facebook friends that they have joined and encourage their friends to join too.
6. E-Commerce Plug-In - Currently we are using PayPal to process premium membership sales, sponsorship fees, and Pro Contributor sales. We are interested in using a more direct, and hopefully more affordable and easy to use e-commerce function to process and track these payments.
7. Profile Registration “Join” Interface - Currently we are using IContact to register new users, whereby they simply submit their email address into a contact form. This works fine, however we would like to encourage new subscribers to fill out their buddy press profile, join groups, and be shown how else they can participate from the minute they join. The join interface is crucial - it must be simple and easy to use.
8. Search Engine Optimization – We have been using an SEO plug-in without much success. A good strategy for improvement in this area is needed.
9. Easy To Read And Use - Keep in mind most of our users are over age 50, not necessary very internet savvy, and may require LARGE, EASY TO READ PRINT when encouraging them to use new functions like Join Groups, Comment On Forums, or Upgrade Their Membership. They will need very simple instructions to be able to use the functions we have installed. The site needs to be as user friendly as possible so a 5 year old or a 75 year old can figure it out with zero frustration!
Website is currently running on WordPress and we prefer to continue using WordPress. Your job is to recommend and install the appropriate Theme, Plug-ins, Buddy Press, E-Commerce, Membership Management, and other related functionality or additions to provide a seamless, high quality user experience. We do not expect you to produce any of the unique content for our site, apart from the basic sign up forms and general info that each function will necessarily require.
Look and Design
We do have mock-up designs to show how we would like the site to look but we are also open to your suggestions. We like easy to read, clean, lots of white space, consistent use of fonts. The design we have for our web site now is fine but may need to be adjusted to include all of the added functionality we require. In other words, we are more concerned with improved functionality and user friendliness than we are with slick design features.
At some time in the future we may completely customize our site but at this time we need to leverage the best of WordPress, Buddy Press, Themes and Plug-Ins to deliver the functionality we require. As mentioned, we are not looking for fancy graphics, flash, or any especially unique design. If you request that we install more expensive customized solutions that is fine, but you will need to strongly support your recommendation with examples and facts as to why we should incur the extra development expense. We will be comparing your quote with at least two others but we will not necessarily pick the lowest quote. Quality is important and also we want to minimize future problems or maintenance expenses so adjust your quote accordingly.
11 freelancers are bidding on average $560 for this job
Hello, I am based out in Montreal. You can check my website www.senami.info for my portfolio. My latest work was a wordpress website that I redesigned. I am looking forward to working with you.