My name’s Sarah. I work with entrepreneurs Till H. Gross and Edward Druce of Course Concierge.
Course Concierge is an online course publishing company that creates industry-leading online courses for NYT best-selling authors, TED speakers and YouTubers with millions of subscribers.
Check us out here: [login to view URL]
If you are someone who…
- Is a very capable self-starter and supremely well-organized
- Gets excited at the mention of “psychographics”
- Is a terrific writer and questioner who relishes the prospect of uncovering people’s motivations and drives
- Is sharp and relentless when gathering information and has a knack for investigative thinking
- Is interested in the possibility of developing into a renowned copywriter (meaning you’re not just a capable writer, but have a reverence for understanding what makes people tick)
…this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
We’re a great company to join. Here’s why…
- Our clients are fantastic. We take on just a handful and are incredibly selective in who we work with.
- Despite the company being just over a year old, we’ve a combined experience of several decades in online marketing and course creation. We have an unbelievably engaged team, with world-class people in every department, from video production to design to development to copywriting to media buying and editorial.
- While we want you to lead this, we have a battle-tested system for the research process, and dozens of examples to use as inspiration. (Though we want someone with intense drive who can keep making our processes better.)
- You will work side-by-side with our CEO (Till).
- We’re going places.
What we need you for…
Whenever we consider working with a new potential client, we go through an in-depth customer research process we’ve developed to identify the angle, topic and messaging of the course.
In particular we want know two things:
Who is our client’s most engaged potential customer?
We want to understand this as deeply as possible. What’s their demographic? Who are they and what do they care about? What problems do they want solved? What pains do they want to overcome? What are their hopes and dreams? What holds them back?
What other resources (books, lecture series, etc) are there in this niche and how can we make our course stand out?
What are some of the problems that are not being solved by existing resources, and where do other courses/books fall flat? What angle hasn’t been addressed, and which audience hasn’t been served?
Our current research process consists of five steps: client data review, customer surveys, analysis of those results, customer interviews and niche research. (Each of these we can take candidates who make it to an interview through in more detail. But just to say: you need to be great at posing questions and analyzing responses – both qualitative and quantitative.)
At the end you will produce a presentation that will be presented to the client, so with Till you’re very much a team.
Pay will be set at a fixed rate of $500 per research project (roughly 20–25 hours of work). We currently have a waiting list of five clients, and aim to go at a pace at which we have a flywheel of starting and completing one new project every week.
Please write back with a short letter noting your experience and why you think you would be a good fit. Do not send a CV – we don’t care where, or even whether, you went to school – but please note experience that you think would allow you to command the position.
If you have experience with either the ASK Method or direct response copywriting, this will come in handy, and please note it in your application.
There’s no deadline for submissions, but those who apply sooner are at an advantage.
If you haven’t heard from us within a week of writing, please assume that on this occasion you haven’t been selected for an interview.
we look forward to hearing from you.