We are a mobile application development company and are expanding our mobile development team and are looking to hire additional Android developers to support us in the development of a large scale calendar application within an existing UI framework that supports push notifications and syncing data with the server.
DO NOT BID UNLESS YOU MEET ALL OF THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- 2+ years of hands on Java and/or Android experience in a professional environment.
- Source code control understanding with a thorough knowledge of using Eclipse IDE integrated with the Android Development Toolkit.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience developing for Android 2.2 and up (including Honeycomb).
- 1 or more apps live on the Android Market with a portfolio available for viewing.
- Strong background in web services and well-versed with XML, JSON and KSOAP.
- Strong background working with databases; experienced with SqlLite.
- Experience working with a wide variety of APIs, e.g. Google Maps, Google Calendar, Google Contacts, Google Ajax Search, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Experience with image creation and manipulation with knowledge of Canvases and Matrices.
- Experience working with push notifications and syncing data with servers using Google C2DM, Urban Airship or similar APIs.
- Strong testing abilities to ensure applications are compatible across multiple devices and screen sizes/densities.
- Great sense of UI design and detailed about making sure things look good pixel for pixel.
The candidate must also be able to provide their own hardware and software including an Android-based phone and/or tablet. You should also be extremely self-driven and be able to operate under minimal guidance; ideally, we would want to provide you with all the project details, e.g. wireframes, specs, etc and you could get everything implemented on your own with minimal support.
IF YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENTS AND ARE INTERESTED YOUR BID MUST INCLUDE:
- A bid price of $3888
- The phrase "I am an experienced Android developer"
- Reference work (your portfolio)