For a travelagent I will be developing over the next 2 years on numerous parts.
For now I need a tool that allows to connect from desktop to xml servers with all available functions of hotel resellers [and if easily available with sabre]. This tool could be browser based (company has Windows 2008 webserver with Apache MySql available) or it can be standalone. I prefer right now a standalone version (ie visual basic, java, C++ or C#).
A MySQL database has to be established
Database should contain tables like:
all hotels available / hotels for realtime check / check-history / suppliers / rooms on request / rooms pending / to be reserved / rooms reserved at suppliers + date + reservationname / reserved rooms that have better price available / historic reservation prices and reservationlocations / room reservations imported / suppliers / suppliers xml definitions / suppliers
xml queries made by the tool (requests and responses) are being posted in database.
1. check availability / price at multiple suppliers
2. make reservation
3. check reservation status
4. autocheck history reservations on current price
Right now it is important that the xmltool can do following things:
1. request xml price & availability on a room for specific dates
2. save a 'manually' to be reserved room through this tool
3. make reservation from database through xml orderform
4. check reserved rooms on current prices
5. once a week or so - create list of rooms that were reserved and can be reserved elsewhere for less
6. cancel room in order to re-reserve the room elsewhere
7. cancel room
not all users have all functions available - the tool will be made with userbuttons and usermenu to OUR satisfaction.
Please note the following:
- xml specfiles will be provided after awarding project
- you will have to do some contacting our hotelsuppliers.
- Do not reflect if no experience with hotel xml or sabre. So you have xml experience with hotel suppliers and you understand the date / availability / price dynamics. Please show us references to similar projects.
- You have to calculate approximately 15-25% additional specs / work that will be added during development. These might be ideas that just show when in the middle of development. Please take this into account when making your offer. - This task is just the first task of many developments we will undertake over the next year. We will use relevant expertise where needed. This is about implementing XML. There is a lot of xml to be developed also later in the web environment.
- Important: Please note that code has to be ours (compiled AND uncompiled available to us at the end of the project since we might want to expand the code later on without you.