I need a website put together. I know what I want it to look like and I already have the graphic design done. I need someone to put the back-end of the website together in a reasonable hurry.
This bid will be awarded based on three criteria: the price of the bid, the quality of the response to my request and the time that you quote for completion.
I've entered this as a small project because I don't expect much variation in scope as the project goes on. If you intend on using third-party software to execute any functions and would charge outside of this quotation for that software, please let me know as part of your bid.
The project entails:
1) Work with a graphic designer (and fellow GAF’er) that has created the look and feel of the website. You’ll be taking her graphic design (including all of her files) and setting up the homepage and under a dozen links. You don’t need to create any graphics, you just need to create the pages, create the links, etc. (Note that these are graphic links where you click on a graphic and open a new page.)
2) Set up a five-frame Flash revolver on the front page. Graphics files will be supplied.
3) Merge the (supplied) text for each page into the appropriate places on the website.
4) Two of the links are basic “contact us” and “are you hiring?” questions. There are basic forms to build for each of those two questions, and we’ll want the little wavy-word thing as a security precaution.
a. Set up automatic e-mailers that forward standard “contact” and “are you hiring?” questions to specific inboxes.
5) Create a secured area behind one link from the homepage.
a. The site will have something in the neighborhood of 2,000 users when it is fully functional.
b. You will need to come up with a way of managing logins and secure passwords.
c. The secured link needs to have a “Remember Me” functionality in the dialog box.
d. There must be a place for users to change their password and an e-mail confirmation function for changed passwords
e. There should also be an admin function for denying access. Perhaps you know of a simple third-party software program that can do all of this easily?
6) Behind the secure link, create two forms and two Access 2007 databases that capture information from those forms.
a. The first form will be a “Sales Call Report” where the user submits a response to ten or so questions, clicking radio buttons, selecting dates from a dropdown calendar and entering text into some small text boxes. The database function will need to capture the login that’s entering the sales call report, the time and date of the report, and the information submitted in the report.
b. The second form will be a “New Sales Representative Information Form” that contains information on new hires.
7) Find a way to undo SEO – that is, de-optimize the site so that search engines completely ignore it.
8) Get the website up and running using GoDaddy as the hosting platform.
9) Write a set of instructions so that I can keep a local copy of the databases on my PC and update with remote database updates from the master db’s on GoDaddy as required. You’ll have some latitude here.
49 freelancers are bidding on average $553 for this job
We possess extensive experience of developing numerous high-end websites and are highly organized and adept at meeting tight deadlines that are so common in this industry. Please see PMB for more details.