Projects undergo status changes depending on what action the employers or freelancers take:
- Open. Freelancers can place their bids. Projects are open for bidding for 7 days unless the employer awards it or manually closes it before the end of the bidding period. Projects upgraded to Urgent have a one-day bidding period. The Open status could also mean that the awarded freelancer rejected the award, the awarded freelancer failed to accept the award within the given time, or the employer revoked the award while the bidding period is not yet over.
- No Freelancer Selected. The bidding period has ended and the employer did not award the project. This could also mean that the employer has ended the project with the freelancer they initially selected. The employer may award the project to any of the existing bidders.
- Closed. The employer chose to close the project without awarding it. The employer may award the project to any of the existing bidders. Hire Me projects that are rejected or not accepted by the awarded freelancers are also marked as Closed.
- Awaiting Acceptance. The project has been awarded to at least one freelancer.
- Accepted. The award has been accepted by the winning freelancer and the project is ongoing.
- In Progress. This is the status visible to the employer or project owner when the award has been accepted by the winning freelancer and the project is ongoing.
- Complete. The project has been marked as Complete.