Marking projects as Complete
Marking projects as Complete depends on the project’s type and payment status. Manually completing projects is only recommended after the terms of the project have been satisfied and when all the expected output has been delivered.
Your option to give feedback will be activated once a project is marked as Complete.
For Fixed-price projects:
1. When you release a full payment to the freelancer or an amount exceeding the budget, you will be shown with the modal below asking you whether the project is complete, or whether you would like to continue working.
2. Select Yes, leave feedback button to mark the project as complete. You will also have the option to leave feedback to the freelancer.
1. Click End Project on your project’s Payments tab.
2. Select I am satisfied that all my project requirements have been met.
3. Click Submit to confirm.
For Hourly projects:
Hourly projects can only be marked as Complete after your freelancer is paid and/or all Milestone Payments are released.
1. If the automatic billing is enabled, disable it first by clicking the Automatic Billing toggle off. All unpaid invoices must be paid to disable automatic billing. Uninvoiced sessions, if any, will be invoiced when you disable the automatic billing.
2. Once the automatic billing is disabled, click End Project. Pending Milestone Payments must be released for you to be able to end the project.
3. Select I am satisfied that all my project requirements have been met.
4. Click Submit to confirm.
If you wish to end a project without releasing any payment, ask your freelancer to cancel any uninvoiced sessions or/and cancel pending Milestone Payments. Note that you can either cancel or mark as Incomplete an unpaid project, but you cannot mark it as Complete.