Deleting my Freelancer Account
Unlike account deactivation, account deletion is final and irreversible after 7 days from date of request; you will not be able to request for account reactivation later on. This would also mean that:
● Your profile and any listings will disappear.
● You will no longer receive notifications from us.
● Your account will be deactivated and you will not be able to log back into the site.
● You will not be able to retrieve your content as your content* will be purged.
● More importantly - We'll miss you!
The conditions for account deletion is the same with account deactivation which are as follows:
● You have no outstanding contests or projects with pending Milestone Payments.
For awarded contest, the handover must be completed first. For open contest, either the client awards it or cancels it with the help of the Support team.
For pending Milestone Payments, either the freelancer cancels it or the client releases it.
Contact Support to get assistance in resolving any account issues.
● You have no outstanding fees owed.
Add funds to clear your negative balance.
● You have funds remaining in your account.
To delete your account, follow these steps:
1. Click your profile picture thumbnail from the main menu bar. Then, click Settings.
2. Select the Account tab.
3. Click Delete Account.
4. Complete the short survey, and click Delete Account.
To revert your request, please contact us via chat for us to action it immediately. Click Contact Us below.
*Some information may be retained for a period of time to fulfill record keeping, regulatory, compliance, statistical, law enforcement and other obligations.