I am a professional web developer with over a decade of experience developing web applications on a variety of technologies and platforms.
I have a strong focus on best practices, and test-driven development (both front and back end). I prefer to get things done right the first time so you don't have to keep coming back to them.
I absolutely love writing code, and although I have vast experience, I spend time every day learning new languages, frameworks, workflow optimizations, etc.
I enjoy working on challenging projects, and have experience in the following areas:
- Ruby / Ruby on Rails
* Open source Ruby gems
* Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, Refinery CMS, Spree Commerce
* Testing (RSpec, Capybara, Cucumber, MiniTest)
* Redis, Elastic search, Sidekiq, Mailer
* CoffeeScript, HAML, SLIM
* Laravel, Lumen, Spark, Homestead
* Magento 1, 2, Extension, Themes
* Theme development, customization
* App development, API integration
- Python Django, Deep Learning,
- HTML5, CSS3, BootStrap, Zurb Foundation, Semantic UI, LESS/SASS, Material UI
- VueJS, Vuex, Vuetify,
- ReactJS, Redux, Styled Components
- D3.js, Highcharts, amCharts
- ECMAScript, TypeScript
- Postgresql, MongoDB, MySQL
WHAT I AM NOT GOOD AT
* Fixing code that is in a severely disorganized state and should be rebuilt rather than refactored. Let's talk if you're not sure - I can help with strategy :)
* Design. Please have a design ready if we're going to build new features. Otherwise, I will either find someone to work with us or use standard templates.
WHAT IS IT LIKE TO WORK WITH ME?
* I get work done fast. In my previous companies, I've had to rely on outside developers and I know what it feels like to put your deadline in the hands of others.
* I’m available. Reach me on Slack, Skype, or email every day.
* I plan but I’m adaptable. When we first start, I lay out a plan so that we can agree objectively on what needs to be delivered. Have you worked with developers who tried to add too many bells and whistles that you didn’t request and it cost you money and time? We’ll make sure that doesn’t happen.
Do you need to change what we agreed upon midstream? No problem- we can always revisit the plan.
I guarantee my work to make sure you are completely satisfied. I can put you in touch with many references who will tell you great things about my abilities.
Christopher went above and beyond to create a custom solution for us that was very difficult job. He spent a lot of time on this, far more than the budget allowed, but persisted until we were satisfied. He is easy to work with, professional, and a good communicator.
His communication was excellent! He quickly understood the tasks and delivered inside the time. Christopher was able to give useful advice where needed. I look forward to working with Chris again. Don’t hesitate to hire Chris if you need a professional!
Christopher is a great help, I look forward to continuing to work with him and encourage others to do the same. On time, self directed and collaborates on solutions, it is a delight to work with Christopher.
* Responsible for developing and maintaining the Bixal public facing web site.
* Designed and developed a custom CMS using RoR and MongoDB for the Bixal website.
* Created the framework and infrastructure for the Bixal international web presence.
* Utilize API's services and integrations to allow the marketing team to do more faster with our rails app.
* Integrated and maintain all the services needed for the full stack Bixal rails app.
Webmaster and Marketing Associate
The Polymer Technology Group
Mar 2011 - May 2014 (3 years, 2 months)
* Create custom backend CMS applications for database driven websites
* Add new features and updates to websites
* Provide customer support to website customers
Bachelor of Arts
Tufts University, United States 2005 - 2009
Certificate, Web Development
Intensive, 14-week full-stack web development program that specializes in creating self-sufficient, happy coders. Earned a ‘black belt’ for all three stack exams (Python/Django, MEAN, Ruby on Rails) consisting of creating the front and back-end of a web app from a wireframe diagram in under 4.5 hours.