Almost 20 years' experience as a UK Commercial Lawyer.
Specialising in contract law, company law, website audits and IP - especially trademarks.
My working life started off in a service minded law firm for 5 years.
Since then my time has been spent travelling the world and providing my freelance services online.
You will always receive top quality work from me, but my prices reflect my low overheads.
Paul has helped us to evaluate the probability that our EU trademark will get registered. He has identified the risks and suggested that we should look for an alternative name. I am very happy with his work and believe that consultation with him has saved us from a lot of trouble. We will definitely work with him in the future.
I have been working with my clients to:
- Protect their brand names and logos: UK and EU trade mark applications
- Do website legal audits, including creating all necessary documents
- Prevent disputes between business partners: creating Shareholders' Agreements and Partnership Agreements
- Avoid issues with their commercial contracts
- Create Agency, Distribution and Franchise Agreements
- Comply with Data Protection laws
- Assist them with buying and selling businesses and companies
Stephensons Solicitors LLP
Dec 2001 - Nov 2006 (4 years, 11 months)
I was involved in providing advice in most areas of corporate/commercial law, including:
company law, contract law, sale & purchase of businesses and companies, e-commerce, intellectual property, consumer law, charities, data protection and competition.
I acted for a variety of clients in numerous industries.
My clients were different types of organisation - sole traders, partnerships and companies, charities, governmental and quasi-public bodies to multi-national corporations and banks.
Postgraduate Diploma In Legal Practice at the Bar (Barrister Vocational Course)
The Manchester Metropolitan University, United Kingdom 2000 - 2001
LLB / Law : 2:1 with Honours
University of Liverpool, United Kingdom 1997 - 2000
I was called to the bar and became a UK Barrister.