Invite Freelancer to Project
You don't seem to have an active project at the moment. Why not post a project now? It's free!Post a project
- 100%Jobs Completed
- 100%On Budget
- 86%On Time
- 50%Repeat Hire Rate
Modifications to product management software and licensing software modules
“Great work and additional tasks deserve more money.”mskat2 2 years ago
I have an application that needs an application setting that allows the user to set a default view and a cleanout function for the downloaded files.
“Bryan has produced excellent work and we will be calling on him again and again.”mskat2 3 years ago
Software DeveloperJul 2013
• Maintained a client/server application that stores doctors records in the cloud • Developed a logging subsystem • Developed unit tests to verify this client/server application
Software Design EngineerMar 2012 - Jun 2013 (1 year)
• Developed unit tests to verify a WCF interface to a database • Developed Excel automation in C# and PowerShell 3.0 for processing stress run data from the Xbox One
Software Design Engineer in Test IIMar 2011 - Mar 2012 (1 year)
• Supported WTT 2.6 & WTT 2.7 at the Tier 3 (most difficult) level. • Supported about 19 different C# utilities. • Rewrote one C# utility & created a C++ tool. • Wrote several small PowerShell & Windows command scripts
Software Design Engineer IJul 2010 - Dec 2010 (5 months)
• Developed a multithreaded Windows Service in C# 3.0 and .Net 3.5 for processing AdSource (MSN advertising) log files. • Service consisted of two file watchers, parsing engines, and unit test cases.
Software Design Engineer in Test IIDec 2009 - Jul 2010 (7 months)
• Generated daily reports of how performance test runs went for Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and Windows AppFabric. • Troubleshooted, resolved, and solved software and hardware execution problems of performance tests running under WTT, ECF, ETCM, and TMM. • Created and modified WTT performance test setup jobs. • Created TMM matrixes for launching performance tests.
Software Design Engineer in Test IIJan 2009 - Jul 2009 (6 months)
• Debugged and triaged Windows Media Center 7 stress failures. • Responsible for the upkeep of 100 PCs, including diagnosing hardware problems, replacing faulty components, diagnosing software problems, and machine setup. • Setup Windows Media Center 7 and stress test tools using Windows Test Technologies (WTT) 2.0. • Performed add-hoc manual testing and occasional manual test state setup.
Software Design Engineer in TestFeb 2007 - Apr 2007 (2 months)
• Worked on part of a test executive for Zune 2.0 (“Pyxis”) • Trained coworkers in architecture, use, and debugging of Zune (WinCE-based) OS
Test Engineer IIIApr 2006 - Feb 2007 (10 months)
• Created high & mid-level test plans. • Designed and created a test logging service application (server proxy). • Reviewed and validated development plans. • Coded a test harness server in C# using namespace. • Evaluated beta versions of Windows Test Tool (WTT). • Generated hi-level test cases for all Windows device driver classes.
Software Design Engineer in Test (Consultant)Dec 2005 - Mar 2006 (3 months)
• Wrote acceptance tests for Microsoft Web Filtering (“Reno”) • Administrative support such as scripts, machine setup, debugging, and build issues • Generated test cases for DPI & font settings effects on a user interface, PnP-stop, Windows I/O Control Codes (IOCTL’s) security threat modeling, TDI (network driver) general operation, and WMI interfaces. Also invalid settings and log file scenarios, such as the settings file being changed to a directory. • Fast-User Switching (FUS) cases, such as scope of
Software Design Engineer in TestJul 1998 - Nov 2005 (7 years)
• Primary responsibilities were the development of test automation for the verification of the functionality of the display subsystem of Windows and display-related hardware. • Wrote test applications for white-box testing of the functionality of the Vista Display Driver Model Video Memory Manager. One of these was a stress test that made the computer under test totally unresponsive. • Microsoft Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA) representative from 2001-2003. • Authored the VESA LS-EXT speci
Software Test Engineer InternJun 1996 - Sep 1996 (3 months)
• Triaged (debugged) stress failures that occurred as part of automated stress runs for the Internet Explorer 3.0 project
Software Test EngineerFeb 1996 - Jul 1998 (2 years)
• Owned the verification of multi-display support, AGP, and Microsoft Plus! Screen savers in Windows 98. • Developed test cases for verifying functionality when in a multi-display mode. • Executed test cases in a lab on a regular basis. • Debugged implementation problems that were uncovered. • Worked with beta-release phase customers internally and externally. • Automated and maintained other tests using C++ and Windows batch files.
Computer Science1993 - 1996 (3 years)
US English Level 193%
UK English 185%
VB .Net Level 178%
C++ Level 175%
- Payment Verified
- Phone Verified
- Email Verified