I started programming and my first business at 15, offering web & software development services as I learned and grew with the web in the late-90s and later went on to study Law at the University of Michigan. During my tenure there, I continued to grow my business and technology knowledge by coding the midnight oil, so to speak. :o) From the moment that I began my career, I've been on the Microsoft stack; from classic ASP, I soon became an evangelist for the then-fledgling .Net Framework for the US Department of Defense back in 2000. Since then, I've tried to remain on the cutting edge until today, even writing on ASP.Net Core 3 on the very day that it came out. Write to me, and I'll be more than happy to share it.
I began my consulting career in 1997 and have worked with organizations such as the US Department of Defense, SC Department of Transportation, eBay, State Farm Insurance, Verizon, GTE, and many more.
I formed [login to view URL] in 2005 and currently reside in Chicago, Ecuador, or Praga, depending on when you catch me. As a globetrotting entrepreneur, I continue to run and expand [login to view URL] and travel fairly frequently to meet with clients worldwide because business – even in the digital age – is still about personally building and nurturing relationships.
In 2018, I began technical writing and blogging for several prestigious companies and am presently working on my first book.
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
— Theodore Roosevelt
* Architected & developed a highly sophisticated and scalable lead generation and management system with a content management component that is still under development. The system has proven robust enough to take two completely different markets (churches & taxi dispatch) without any additional coding whatsoever. At the time of writing, I'm currently working towards DNN integration and greater visibility through social media.
* Literally hundreds of various programming and design projects.
Feb 2006 - Feb 2007 (1 year)
* Instrumental in recommending, directing, and implementing technical policies used throughout the company.
* Made technical recommendations relating to technology and information infrastructure. For example, we began utilizing BizTalk 2006 to streamline many of our previously manual processes. This succeeded in freeing up two IT resources (80 hours per week) that were previously assigned to baby sit our data upload process (for vendors and customers).
* Managed over 30 developers around the globe.
Architect / Developer
Sep 2005 - Feb 2006 (5 months, 1 day)
Programming and Web Design for various clients, utilizing ASP.Net, Cold Fusion, and much more.
Bachelor of the Arts ~ Criminology & Criminal Justice
University of Michigan, United States 1998 - 2001
Certified ColdFusion Developer
Another golden oldie. I received this certification when I first began my career.
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
Received MCP designation for successfully passing Visual Basic 6 Distributed Applications Exam
Nomadpreneur - A Decade in the Making
Kindle Direct Publishing
Stories and lessons learned over more than a decade of traveling the world freelancing being a serial entrepreneur. The story of how I began my journey from the United States to Romania in 2009 and ending in Ecuador 12 years later. For more than a decade I taught people to break the chains of their corporate lives; always telling them that you don't have to work from an office. It only took a pandemic for the masses to finally believe what I preached for so many years.
Contact Brandon O. about your job
Log in to discuss any details over chat.
US English 2 95% C# Programming 1 93% ColdFusion Programming 1 90% SEO 3 90% Preferred Freelancer Program SLA 1 89%