I am a client-focused Proofreader, Editor, Researcher, and Writer. I possess several years of professional-level experience proofreading and copyediting a variety of print-based and online materials. In addition, I possess solid experience completing research projects as well as writing instructional content. I enjoy a strong record of client satisfaction regarding my ability to complete tasks accurately, thoroughly, and efficiently, and I would welcome the opportunity to assist you with your editorial and/or research needs.
• Edited and proofread procedure guides, bill summaries, and other materials related to public school financing, ensuring that content was clear, accurate, and free of errors.
• Ensured that materials met style and formatting guidelines set by The Chicago Manual of Style as well as the department’s internal style guide.
• Composed bill summaries.
Nov 2006 - Aug 2013 (6 years, 9 months)
• Copyedited and proofread manuals, PowerPoint presentations, Web-based training modules, reports, correspondence, and other materials related to Texas student assessment programs, ensuring that content was clear, consistent, and accurate, in addition to being free of grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors.
• Ensured that materials met established style and formatting guidelines.
• Performed quality assurance functions on Web-based training modules.
The Texas State Library and Archives Commission (temporary)
Jul 2006 - Oct 2006 (3 months, 1 day)
• Located and corrected errors in punctuation, spelling, and formatting in hundreds of records of agency documents.
• Ensured that information included in printed records matched that found in corresponding online catalog records.
Master of Library and Information Science
The University of Texas at Austin, United States 1995 - 1996