* Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP/2003/Server/Advanced Server
* Knowledge of composition, page layout, art and presentation packages such as Dreamweaver, QuarkXpress, InDesign/PageMaker, Illustrator, Photoshop, ImageReady, Fireworks, Flash, Acrobat and other multi-media development tools.
* Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Power Point, Front Page 2000, Explorer, Netscape
* Understanding of graphics software basics (terminology, file formats, etc.)
* Software testing experience
* Experience with User Interface Design
* Expert level proficiency with Macromedia Dreamweaver, Front Page, Homesite
* Knowledge of various Remote Control software - pcAnywhere, VNC, & gotoMyPC
* Expert knowledge of managing a Microsoft Office environment for medium sized workgroups
* Experience in Open Source development projects
WEB / INTERNET
* Knowledge of browser compatibility issues for all platforms/major browsers.
* Experience with using streaming media and video hosting capabilities.
* Knowledge and experience with e-commerce enabling websites with shopping carts and online payment processing systems.
* Experience "search-enabling" websites allowing users to search across the organization's website.
* Hands-on familiarity with Unix/Web architectures and systems.
* -Experience with Content Management solutions (Drupal, Phpnuke, Postnuke, Mambo, Joomla, WordPress, and others)
* Experience using authentication on websites in order to provide restricted access to resources.
* Experience using web site analysis software in order to provide usage statistics for websites.
* Able to interpret basic/advanced website reports using major website reporting tools.
MARKETING / SEO
* Experience with online marketing of websites (search engine submissions/rankings, etc).
* Web-based traffic generation programs
* Building and executing comprehensive online e-marketing plans, including search engine plans and other tactical outreach strategies
* Writing, managing and developing creative for in-house banner ads, cross-site promotion, and barter advertising
* Managing e-mail list rental and opt-in e-newsletters program
* Account management of advertisers to optimize their advertising results
* Reporting on traffic and advertising effectiveness
* Project management for turn-key marketing promotions and services
* Implement monitoring tools to gauge systems health and predict potential problem areas
* Patches: Locate/download required software packages and patches
* Identify and roll out all patches once they have been tested, signed off by departments, and approved by IT Team
* Provide technical support for production services including problem isolation and resolution in a timely manner
* Perform systems installs, Logical Volume Manager setup, file systems maintenance, system recovery and other hardware and maintenance needs
* Diagnose and tune systems on an ongoing basis
* Build, maintain and repair workstations/servers
* Experience purchasing computer equipment
* Knowledge of various PC/Macintosh desktops and laptops (e.g. Toshiba, Dell, Apple)
* Windows 2000 Professional/Server/Adv Server Configuration and support
* Management of MS Exchange Servers 2000/2003
* Knowledge of Routers, Switches and Modems
* Provide support for Windows, Unix, DOS, Intranet, Internet, DSL/Cable, Wireless technologies
* Strong working knowledge of software build and release management processes.
* Documentation: Develop / maintain operational instructions and procedures (e.g. how-to's, runtime procedures)
* Develop / maintain records and technical documentation (software version, system architecture, licenses, descriptions, technical contacts)
* Develop / maintain daily operation logs to track problems and to establish an audit trail to debug and isolate potential problems
* Knowledge of backup systems, hardware and software (RAID, Veritas NetBackup)
* Familiarity with CVS version control systems (SourceForge)
* Comprehensive networking knowledge with experience in recommending, installing, and managing all aspects of TCP/IP networking in a mixed Windows, Macintosh, and Linux environment
* Perform Windows LAN Administration (user/group account creation, file system management, sharing & security, etc.)
* Manage an integrated Windows/Macintosh network
* Configure, install, and support PC hardware/software and LAN hardware (printers, print servers, switches, firewalls, etc.)
* Configure & maintain tape backup system
* Support and train end users
* Plan for deployment of new hardware & software
* Identify new technologies that will benefit the company
* Serve as a technology resource for a fast paced creative/web design and Internet development team
* Create and maintain system and user documentation
* Manage vendor relationships with hosting/co-location companies
* Manage the Help Desk function with a focus on operating as a customer service group supporting our internal clients
* Administer common services such as FTP/SFTP, Web Servers (Linux, Unix, IIS), SSH/SSH2, DNS, & SendMail.
* Experience setting up firewalls, VPN's
* Experience in various LAN/WAN environments using Windows 2000 and NT
* Experience with Veritas Back-Up Exec, NAV, network troubleshooting, and proven experience with TCP/IP connectivity
* Experience with design, implementation, and migration to a new production Win2K domain w/ Active Directory
* Deployed home networks including cable modem, DSL w/firewall and VPN software
* Knowledge of Internet email (SMTP, pop, mx records and troubleshooting)
* Knowledge of DNS, Internet Infrastructure, and IP informational tools
* Storage: Connect and/or configure new storage devices, including the creation, mounting, and unmounting of file systems
* Monitor file systems usage and manage file permissions to control user access
* Networking and correct network failures. Monitor connectivity to detect network faults and measure network performance.
* Support in formulating security procedures to prevent, detect, and respond to internal and external security threats
* Evaluate potential problems of security attacks
* Perform periodic security audits to ensure security has not been breached or compromised
* Able to co-administrator production of network architecture
* Experience in relational databases (MySQL, SQL, Postgres, Microsoft Access, Goldmine, FilemakerPro), and e-commerce packages.
* Design website front-end interfaces to back-end databases
* Database design skills (including designing and normalizing database schema)
* Familiarity with database utilization
* Data Import/Export/Merge
* Creating queries/filters from the database
* Handling database clean-ups particularly in regards to duplicates.
* Assisting in the support of the inside and outside staff of the database
* Managing email campaigns/blasts to a customer base.
* Ability to work as team member and independently with minimal supervision.
* Good personal skills such as timekeeping, goal setting and an ability to negotiate as well as meeting project deadlines under pressure.
* Experience in project management and coordination, and the ability to remain aware of long-term goals while producing immediate solutions.
* Excellent organizational, quantitative, analytical, and verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
* Good visual and information design skills
* Communicate clearly and articulate needs of individuals across an organization to management
* Project management experience on various-sized projects
* Good time-management and multi-tasking skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Excellent troubleshooting skills
* Ability to interact with a substantial flow of electronic mail
* Good at maintaining confidentiality
* Write and speak clearly and concisely in English
* Work well under deadline pressure
* Able to grasp the business needs and issues that need technological solutions
* Proven track record of managing projects, delivering results and handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Strong analytical and detail-oriented mind to sift and evaluate technical alternatives and priorities.
* Eager to be up-to-date on new developments in my field and a technical resource to others
* Experience managing Help Desk and Technical Support programs
* Exemplary ability to discover, refine, and document (in detailed specifications) the requirements for projects and initiatives.
* Expertise in developing detailed plans for complex projects involving challenging requirements, limited resources, and fixed deadlines.
* Exhibit ability to acquire and apply detailed technical knowledge so as to substantially contribute to evolving solutions
* Expertise in web-based, office-based and project management software
* A record of acute sensitivity and responsiveness to the customer/client
* Interact well with individuals at all levels of the organization
* Demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment
* Conduct business with respect for others
* Supervisory experience
WEB DESIGN / CLIENT PORTFOLIO
* Shimano (North American Cycling section)
* Claim Jumper Restaurants
* Laguna Beach Visitors Bureau
* Mind Fire Internet Solutions
* 3 Degrees Global
* Laguna Beach Chamber of Commerce
* Animated Speech
* Beezwax DataTools
* Studio Movie Grill
* Atlas Sales & Rentals
* Pet Chef Express (California)
* Utopia Optics