8142 Canyon Lake Circle Orlando Fl. 32835
Seeking for a challenging senior database administrative role with a progressive organization which will utilize my extensive skills, abilities, and experiences in MYSQL DBA, data management, and application development.
Convergys, Orlando, Fl. (02/2012 to Present)
Oracle DBA Consultant
• Perform Mysql database performance and tuning Mysql processes and queries
• Design database and web application for Social media.
• responsible for developing automation processes, benchmarking, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software in the hosting environment.
SAIC, Orlando, Fl. (08/2011 to 01/2012)
Oracle DBA Consultant
• Lead the design, develop Unix scripts and PLSQL store procedure to automate db and application refresh on the quarterly basic, and save SAIC over 200k.
• Facilitate, plan, and perform upgrade of Enterprise databases from 10g to 11gR2. Install, Configure, Quarterly CPU/PSU patching, monitoring, migrations, etc. on environment of Unix (HP), LINUX, and Windows.
• Support and maintain Deltek-Costpoint Apps on a Oracle 10g DB environment with 5 Tb. Work with functional and development team troubleshoot application SQL issues and improve some of Apps performance by 30-60%.
• Design, develop Unix scripts and PLSQL store procedure to automate db maintenance processes, and improve expdp and rman backup performance by 50%.
• Design user interface to pinpoint Data Warehouse ETL load problems and failures, and improve data pump process.
• Lead tuning design and implementation of CostPoint by reducing DB commits and application data access point.
• On-Call rotation during non-business hours (nights and weekends) and manage 200 Plus Large scale and data warehouse databases, and support 25 productions, operations 24x7 - service requests, vulnerability management (STIG).
• Coordinate with data security to provide appropriate security, SOX compliance and secondary authorization.
• Communicate, manage and monitor production Service Level Agreements (SLA) with local and remote users.
Florida Hospital, Orlando, Fl. (03/2011 to 07/2011)
Oracle DBA Consultant
• Lead install, configure, and support MYSQL database MYISAM and INNODB to support patients application and database.
• Responsible for over 800 Mysql databases and support development and users community including high traffic and transactional environment.
• Installed and configure WAM and phpAdmin on Redhat Linux.
• Maintain and support Mysql database within a cluster environment, backup/recover, and dba activities.
Command Information, Ofallon, IL (10/2010 to 03/2011)
• Worked with functional and development team to promote code from development to production and troubleshoot PLSQL codes Route Rating for IBS system and application issues.
• Supported and maintained Integrate Booking System application for SDCC running on oracle 11g environment.
• Installed, configured, and upgraded oracle database from oracle 10g to 11g, and migrated oracle 11g from IBM AIX to HP Linux platform.
HEWLETT PACKARD CORP., St. Louis, MO (10/2006 to 10/2011)
Sr. Oracle DBA
• Installed and configured 2 nodes RAC cluster with ASM on Linux environment. Tuned RAC database and application for optimal performance. Applied patches on RAC nodes.
• TECHNICAL SUPPORT FOR function team, development team, and over 1000 users of SMS, ASBS, OSSS (Official soldier selection system) applications run on JBOSS application, Power Builder, .NET, and IIS.
• Interface and application design, architect and write PL/SQL, SQLs utilize TOAD and PLSQL Developer, and UNIX scripts to handle transactions and tables loading/extraction for Soldier Management System for call automation and soldiers two time passover promotion to retrieve and transfer data to/from other government agents through Secure FTP and SSL.
• Identify and troubleshoot DATABASE, PLSQL, and application bottle neck problems, develop innovated solution for small to large scale database, and tune long running SQLs for Army Selection Board System (ASBS) and Soldier Management System (SMS) database utilize such as statpack, Oracle Enterprise Manage tuning pack (Automatic Database Diagnostic Management, Automatic Work Repository, Automate Session History), explain plan, system/session/sql traces.
• Major contributions have been facilitated, coordinated and upgrade 30 plus Army HR Command reserve databases from oracle version 8.1.7 to 10.2.0.4 and 10.2.0.4 to 188.8.131.52 with minimize impact to thousands of users and minimal system downtime. The program’s objectives were to deliver quality and functional systems which met or exceeded customer expectations.
• LEAD ALL DATABASE BACKUP AND RECOVERY. Design, automate, and oversee all Army Human Resource Command (HRC) backup/recovery activities for 30 plus databases up to 3 Terabytes in size with hot backup, cold backup, Recover Manager (RMAN), export/import, data pump of which has save the HRC hundred of thousand every year in man hours, disk usages and improve Oracle database backup/recovery timeline up to 80%.
• Manage, install, troubleshoot, and maintain of Oracle Business Intelligent, Oracle Enterprise Management Grid Control (OEM), RMAN, JBOSS application server, and OC4J.
• Lead and manage the implementation of Oracle 11g Data Guard utilize OEM Broker agent for switchover and failover capability on a development and test database server.
• DESIGN AND IMPLEMENT DISASTER PLANNING for U.S. Army Continuity of Operations Program (COOP), manage 4 major production databases Bi-annually and successfully implemented six recoveries in compliant with Information Assurance management. Responsibilities include planning, organizing, managing all database recovery tasks and resources to accomplish implementations within the time, schedule and performance constraint.
• MANAGE THE INSTALLATION, CONFIGURATION, troubleshooting, and participates in planning and budgeting IT backup management system and support research and program requirements of Snapshot Manager for Oracle, Snapdriver, snapmirror of Netapp technology, and oversee all databases migration of EMC disk storage to Netapp disk storage.
## Area of Expertise
WAMP, PHP, MYSQL