I have a Bachelor's degree in English Literature and Criticism and am looking to copy edit and/or proofread creative non-fiction & fiction pieces for spelling, punctuation, and grammar errors, along with style, including short stories. Fiction, especially fantasy manuscripts are especially welcome! Other projects can be articles, product descriptions, blog posts, college essays.
What I Require for Editing Projects:
An email account, or specifically a Gmail account, if you want to share the Google Doc text/an original MS Word of the text (special request)
Premise, Topic, Prompt, etc. + Background Info. of Such (Research Material)
What you Recieve from Editing Projects:
A proofread and edited Google Doc with suggestions (default); special request to receive an MS Word .doc/.docx with track usage
What I Require from Photoshop Projects:
A complete folder with all the files specified
Access to either [login to view URL] or Google Photos for Proofing and Delivery
The Deadline, if such exists
• Curate exciting and new content for the digital magazine with the managing editor.
• Create adaptive schedules for a writer’s workshop where the magazine’s writers present their work.
• Review writers’ articles while correcting writers’ typos and errors.
Inkwell Management, INC.
Jan 2020 - May 2020 (4 months, 1 day)
• Evaluated manuscripts, queries, and proposals and write reader’s reports for various agents.
• Organized emails with queries and proposals for agents after critical review.
• Mailed forms to clients both nationally and internationally.
Public Service Scholars Program
Aug 2017 - Mar 2018 (7 months, 1 day)
• Collaborated with many other assistants to gather all the information collected for tasks.
• Created various Excel spreadsheets from the researched information.
• Updated and expanded on the organization’s spreadsheets containing many past, present, and future applicants.
City University of New York-Hunter College, United States 2015 - 2020