You can view my complete on-line resume at [login to view URL].
Areas of Expertise
- Linux (installation, administration, configuration, Debian installations are the usual case, servers set-up for web/database services/LAMP servers).
- Apache (configuration and tuning), PHP, MySQL (configuration, tuning, experience with master-slave set-ups, work with InnoDB plugins, prior to v.5.5), PostgreSQL (configuration, tuning), MariaDB
- Excellent knowledge of the Yii PHP web application framework ([login to view URL]).
- Involved in FOSS (Free/Open Source Software) projects:
- Drupal CMS, my user profile is available at [login to view URL]
- Yii PHP framework messages translation to Greek
- Excellent knowledge of the following tools:
- Git, CVS, Subversion versioning systems
- Database design
- Technical documents translation from English to Greek and vice-versa (mostly about software, internet, computers).
Vasilis does excellent work, provides constructive feedback along the way, and shows a great sense of ownership in the project. He has been extremely flexible and accommodating. I would not hesitate to use him again and would highly recommend him to others.
Vasilis completed the tasks in a timely manner, was a pleasure to work with, easy to contact and communicate with, was very responsive to the changes needed in our project and went above and beyond what was expected. We will continue to work with him.
Computerization at software and hardware level support of workstations, server administration, web development of applications for end users (employees).
Technological Educational Institution of Thessaloniki, Greece
Sep 2003 - Oct 2007 (4 years, 1 month)
- E-book authoring for CD-ROM distribution at the scope of reformation of the Informatics Department undergraduate study program.
- Development of self-evaluation applications using quiz of questions.
- Supervision of the e-lab Programming II of the Informatics Department undergraduate study program.
European Dynamics S.A.
Jun 2002 - Aug 2003 (1 year, 2 months)
- Webpages programming in Macromedia ColdFusion Application Server.
- Database programming in Oracle RDBMS.
- JSP webpages programming.
Postgraduate Diploma of Specialization in Computer Systems
Completed successfully the 4 units of the Cisco Networking Academy Program. The units completed were:
- CCNA 1 (networking basics), CCNA 2 (routers and routing basics), CCNA 3 (switching basics and intermediate routing) and CCNA 4 (wan technologies)