Job experience :
- Furnas Centrais Eletricas - Rio de Janeiro Headquarters. Secretary to the President-Assessor. As an executive secretary, I would provide high level administrative support to a group of executives and high level specialised engineers, mostly in the fields of nuclear, electrical, mechanical and civil engineering.
-UNIFESO -Faculdades Unificadas Serra dos Orgaos - Assistant to the Planning Director.
As a Lotus Notes/Domino Database Certified, I was hired to list/collect pre-requisits, along with interns, for the new institutional database (design) and as part of the System Analysis Internship Program
Some infotech related courses (certified):
- SERVICOS DA INTERNET (INTERNET SERVICES) - PUC - PONTIFICIA UNIVERSIDADE CATOLICA - RIO DE JANEIRO BRASIL - VICE-REITORIA ACADEMICA - COORDENACAO DA CENTRAL DE EXTENSAO
- INTERNET I - IBASE *
- INTERNET II - IBASE
- CREATING WEB PAGE I – IBASE
- CREATING WEB PAGE II - IBASE
- CREATING WEB PAGE III - IBASE
* Brazilian Institute of Social and Economic AnalysIs (Ibase)
- LOTUS NOTES - Soft **
- DOMINO DATABASE;
- INTRODUCING LOTUS NOTES;
- EXTENDING LOTUS NOTES CLIENT;
- DOMINO DESIGNER, APPLICATIONS SECURITY AND WORKFLOW
** Soft Consultoria Ltda. - Rio de Janeiro.
Some translation works
- WordPerfect Word Processor - Buyer: The English House - Institute of Idioms. Rio de Janeiro.
- The Yeast Connection - Buyer: Chief Executive of an institution of public character for the care of Autism;
- Kinds of Wheat - Buyer: Clima de Montanha - cookie and pasta production local industry.
- Annual Report - Buyer: FURNAS - Centrais Eletricas, government and private-owned company, subsidiary of the holding ELETROBRAS, engaged in electric power generation and transmission in the Southeast and part of the Central West region of Brazil;
- Arte em Teresopolis - Buyer: a local fine art dealer.
Long term translation services (6 years)
Buyer: Lederle-Cyanamid Co. (Spanish to Portuguese) 6 years
Buyer: Esso Brasileira de Petroleo S.A. Local Training Center. (Spanish to Portuguese) 3+ years
Maria did an outstanding job translating the game to Portuguese (Brazil and Portual versions). She also playtested the game during translation and found several errors in the original text and the logic of the game - something I think I never had a translator do! It was very helpful. I highly recommend Maria for game/software localization. She's one of the best (maybe even the best) of the hundreds of translators I hired in the last 10+ years.