• Advanced Microsoft Access Database Application Development
• Advanced Microsoft Excel Application Development
• Advanced Lotus Notes Database Application Development
• Lotus Script
• Project Management, Business Process Flow Documentation, Data Management, Test Case Development and Execution, Change Control Management, Budgeting and Resource Management, Client Management
• Visual Basic
• Microsoft Outlook
• Microsoft Project
Associate Project Director- TSYS, Inc. (August 2004 - present) - Permanent
• Manage all aspects of highly complex design, development, and production support of web based credit card interface applications for global financial companies.
• Client interface for ongoing support and implementation of new services for The Royal Bank of Scotland, the fifth largest bank in the world.
• Complex projects involve high volume transaction processing systems and interfaces with various outside systems.
• Use structured project methodology and project management tools.
• Provide both client and internal consulting in the areas of needs assessment, project justification, requirements definition, product design, and standards compliance.
• Performance management of project teams including coaching, evaluation, career development, salary assessment/adjustments, and disciplinary actions.
Business Applications Team Leader – Hewitt & Associates (November 1995 – August 2004) - Permanent
• Led a team of consultants, systems analysts, and developers (both permanent and contracted) that designed, developed, and maintained third-party software applications to support internal/external client specific applications to include:
§ Led the design and development efforts for Hewitt’s Health and Welfare Database application. This Microsoft Access application provided a new business revenue stream for the ongoing support of Fortune 500 companies’ health and retirement benefits. The application provided for client legacy mainframe updates, call center customer support, batch processing capabilities, and metrics reporting to include client statements.
§ Led the design and development of Hewitt’s Call Center Support database. This Microsoft Access database provided call center operators with the ability to query Hewitt’s SQL backend database and provided operator workflow guides to handle customer calls. The database also provided detailed metric reports through integration with Microsoft Access.
§ Led the design and development of Hewitt’s Quality Event database. This Microsoft Access database provided detailed reporting capabilities of client driven quality events and provided a work stream for root cause analysis and prevention plans
• Led the design efforts and project management with third party vendors for multiple client applications that provided retirement recordkeeping tools for Hewitt.
Quality Assurance Manager – Katsushiro Rome Corporation (August 1994 – November 1995) - Permanent
• Key client contact for quality efforts of this heavy steel fabrication plant in Northwest Georgia.
• Led the ISO 9000 certification process.
• Conducted internal training and developed internal training plan for Six Sigma certification.
Strategic Weapons System Analyst - U.S. Navy (August 1985 – August 1994) - Permanent
• Strategic Weapons System instructor for three years at the Submarine Training Facility located in Charleston, S.C.
• Navigation Supervisor in charge of a staff of ten enlisted men on board U.S.S. Simon Bolivar (SSBN 641 Blue).
Database Developer – Partners Coffee Company (August 1999 – present) - Contract
• Gathering and analyzing client requirements, designed, developed and maintain multiple Microsoft Access Database applications that include:
• Quality Assurance Reporting
• Daily Production Line Reporting and Analysis
• Coffee Contract Management
• Coffee Shipment Tracking/UPS integration database.
Database Developer - Spacemakers Closet Interiors (November 2003 - present) - Contract
• Gathering and analyzing client requirements, designed, developed and maintain client central processing database. This Microsoft Access Database application provides all client divisions with a central data repository and interface for the following work flow processes:
• Call Center reporting and tracking
• Designer appointment calendar and reporting
• Production installation calendar and reporting
• Accounting interface with Peachtree Accounting software and invoice generation/reporting
• Customer follow-up surveys via Microsoft Outlook
• Detailed management reports and client mailings
Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois
BS Workforce Education & Development