Solutions-Based Technology Architecture
Software Development – Strategy, Design & Implementation
Technology management professional with extensive experience leading the architecture, design, development, and support of major information technology infrastructures and business software solutions. Evaluate technologies and select the most appropriate ones for each individual project. Perform feasibility studies, including marketability reports, of new products and design them for production. Develop design guidelines and coding standards, and conduct code reviews. Train and mentor team members in new technologies.
IT Strategic Planning * Infrastructure Design * Requirements Identification * System Integration
Project Management * Software Development * Cross-Functional Team Leadership
System Analysis, Design, & Improvement * Customer Satisfaction * Continuous Process Improvement
Technology Evaluation * Productivity Enhancement * Team Building / Training / Mentoring * Web Design
CCH, INC., Renton, Washington * 2006-2009
A market leader in taxation services and legal publications. The company has more than 1,000 employees nationwide and annual sales of more than $100M.
Re-architect and re-design the ELF Status System and ELF BackOffice components of ProSystem Fx Tax, CCH’s legacy application, to implement the latest technologies. Prepare presentations for management review. Implement Test-Driven development and e-Scrum project methodologies.
* Instrumental in the re-design of 150 non-scalable, non-configurable applications to four Windows services, resulting in a 70-percent reduction of maintenance time and a 300-percent increase in throughput.
* Designed a fail-over mechanism to alert tax analysts if a return failed to process, reducing customer calls by 30 percent.
* Designed a Service Dashboard to provide service and processing statistics and status for technical support so they can identify any malfunctions prior to damage of the systems.
RISHABH SOFTWARE, Vadodara, Gujarat, India * 2004-2005
An IT service provider that focuses on cost-effective, qualitative, and timely delivered offshore software development services, business process outsourcing services, and knowledge process outsourcing services.
Assisted project teams to create an architecture for their projects. Assisted team leads in assessing the appropriate technologies and provided the design patterns most suitable for their projects. Conduct code reviews. Trained and mentored employees on new technologies.
* Co-founded the Process Improvement Team, which suggests process improvements directly to the Chief Technical Officer for streamlining internal processes and developing methodologies. Founded the Technology Research Team, which promotes experimentation with new technologies and documentation of the experiences to provide contributions to the internal Knowledge Base.
* Led the design and development of a total automation solution, which resulted in a 25-percent reduction in the client’s operational costs and a 35-percent increase in sales.
* Developed an automated inventory system that helped a logistics client locate and identify inventory levels nationwide. This resulted in an 8-percent reduction in manufacturing costs and a 17-percent increase in sales.
CYN CORPORATION, Vadodara, Gujarat, India * 2001-2004
A small company providing agile solutions to clients’ technology requirements.
Senior Systems Analyst
Hired to perform feasibility and marketability surveys on new products and develop them, once approved. Developed design guidelines and coding standards. Performed core development. Designed usability metrics. Reported to the Director of Technology.
* Led the design and development of a Web-based appointment management system for insurance inspectors for a multi-national shipping quality assessment firm, resulting in a 13-percent improvement in utilization and a 7-percent reduction in costs.
* Designed and developed EQ-Wizard, a wizard-based interface for Microsoft Access Databases with natural language processing. This product made up 15-percent of the company’s revenue.
Career Note: Additional professional experience includes role as Manager – EDP with Newton Engineering in India. Provided internal software support for $5M company with over 250 employees. Reported to the General Manager and CEO. Managed $500K budget while leading an EDP department of 7 individuals in Infrastructure design, software development and technology refreshes.
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Andhra University – Visakhapatnam, India
Microsoft-Certified Professional Developer (Enterprise Applications Developer)
Microsoft-Certified Technology Specialist (.NET 2.0)
Operating Systems: Windows 2000 / 2003, Windows 98 / 95 / XP / Vista 64
Databases: Microsoft Access, MS SQL Server 7.0 / 2000 / 2005
Technologies: .NET 3.5, COM, ActiveX, MS Remoting, MS Sockets
Languages: VB6, VBA, C#, , C++
IDE: Visual Studio 6, Visual 2002 / 2003, Visual Studio Team System 2005 / 2008
Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports, Active Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services
Web / Internet: XML /XSL, HTML, Java Script, ASP,
Web Servers: Microsoft IIS
Design Tools: Enterprise Architect, Microsoft Visio, Rational Rose, ERWin