Be a part of a dynamic and a world-class organization; add value to its talent pool while paving way for my professional success. Develop self and gain experience by taking additional responsibilities.
Dedicated professional with over 9 years of experience in Networking, Systems Administration, Desktop Support and Technical Support. Excellent Networking background and diagnostic capability under complex environment. Ability to work on a team as well as with minimum supervision in highly paced environment and under tight schedules.
Areas of Expertise
· Technically well skilled in multi products and focused on the various dimension of technical issues and escalation process and handles them independently.
· Understanding the team processes and how to facilitate and collaborate with team effectively and efficiently.
· Design / Implement / Support complex WAN, LAN and WI-FI projects.
· Proficient in Active directory, DHCP, DNS, WINS, Disk Management, installation and configuration of IIS, Remote Installation service, Remote Access Server, Terminal Services etc
· Clear concept of IP addresses Designing, implementation of Routing protocols and access-lists.
· Providing 1st to 3rd level desktop-side support of Operating systems Migration and rollout in a corporate s/w Development environment, phone support, and serve as the initial point of contact.
TECHNICAL SKILL SUMMARY
Operating System : Windows NT/2003 Server, Windows 95/97/XP/2K
Protocols : RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, TCP/IP, NetBEUI, WINS
BGP, DNS, DHCP, and Ethernet.
Database Server : Microsoft SQL 2000/2005, Visual Source Safe 6.0/2005
Application Server : Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, IIS Server, Source offsite
Configuration tools : Nant, Buildit
Scripting : VB Scripting, Perl, Tcl
Currently working as a Member Technical Support staff for HCL Technologies – Cisco ODC from 12th September 2006 to 6th December 2010.
SME for ‘Output Interpreter’ – One of Cisco’s most requested tools.
· Responsible for Identifying and creating troubleshooting content for show / debug commands. Extended support for ASA / Voice / wireless technologies.
· Responsible for monthly release of commands / error messages supported by the tool.
· Respond to customer feedbacks, possibly with a technical suggestion if the tool couldn’t provide a solution.
· Testing the tool from Business perceptive with regards to enhancement features.
Program Manager – Support for Product Alert Tool, Cisco Notification Service tools.
· Feedback Handling: Acts as the interface between customers and IT Engineers.
· Prioritizing the Change Requests for Monthly, Quarterly Release.
· Creating Cases when required and following up with the IT team.
· UAT and smoke testing from Business perspective for the release.
· Creating Monthly Metrics Report for the tools and publishing in the Dashboard
Performed in the capacity of Senior Customer Support Engineer for CMS Computers Ltd, (ABN AMRO client site) Chennai. From 19th June 2006 to 30th July 2006.
· Configuration and maintenance of communication links for all domestic and international branches.
· Monitoring and Managing the Core, Distribution and access Layer Switches in the network.
· Responsible for creating and managing VLANS.
· Attend and close network related calls and if needed escalate the issue.
Performing in the capacity of Network Administrator for ACCEL Group of companies, Chennai, From September 08th 2004 to June 15th 2006. Various roles performed are listed below...
· Serve as the initial point of contact for resolution of Dell/IBM/HP desktop/laptop computers and network related problems in a 150-user environment.
· Troubleshoot research, diagnose, document, and resolve technical issues surrounding Windows DOS/95/98/NT/ME/2000/XP/2003 Pro/servers, MS Office, Outlook email and Internet connectivity issues.
· Provide adequate firewall and network security, update the system with latest virus definitions and keep the systems and network from unauthorized access from outside and inside the network
· Create and manage user accounts and reset passwords in windows NT/2000/2003 server environments. Create group policies, Troubleshoot TCP/IP setting and corruption, configure LAN setup and troubleshooting, setup and maintain network printers.
· Maintain a virus free network using Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition and Install updated virus definitions and security patches.
· Provide IT support for Software Development with Microsoft Technologies such as Visual Studio along with SQL server 2000, VSS 6.0d and IIS Server 5.0.
Worked as the Technical Support Engineer for TIME NET SOLUTIONS Pvt. Ltd., Thiruvananthapuram, India from October 1st 2001 to August 30th 2004. Various roles performed are as listed below.
· Participating in the Design of the solution, working with the Team and Validating and conducting reviews at all stages as identified in the project plan.
· Security and risk assessment, implementation and design of security policies for wired and wireless infrastructure.
· Implementing the WAN & LAN projects in various Govt. and Corporate with Router, Switch, Server and Desktop environment.
· 24 X 7 H/A Data Centre Management & support
· Troubleshooting and problem resolution of elusive customer network and difficulties
· Participate in the selection of equipment and vendors for new projects. Provide hands on training for customers
Worked as the Technical Support Executive for ARKAY INFOTECH, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India from June 1st 2000 to September 30th 2001. The responsibilities were...
· Implementation of LAN at the customer sites by carrying out the work of structured cabling, Installation of Operating system, configuring the machine on LAN.
· Manage and Implement IP Data Network & Security.
· Implement and manage Windows 2000 Server based Client/Server
· Maintenance of Desktops, Network Devices, Peripherals and Notebooks.
· Setup, configure, and troubleshoot Internet Explorer 5.0/6.0 and Outlook2000/XP.
· Graduation in Bachelor of Computer Science under Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, India.(1998).
· Successfully Completed Masters in Finance and Control under Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, India. (2000).
· Cisco Certified Network Professional. (CCNP)
· Cisco Qualified Specialist - Wireless LAN Support Specialist.
· Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)