Bachelor in Modern Languages / Translations / Teaching
To have had the opportunity to develop my career practice in different fields, with a unique work environment, diverse group of people and particular employment responsibilities, has given me the boost not only to improve my professional skills, but also to widen a broad cross cultural knowledge, as well as to acquire a fast adaptation to assorted situations. Nonetheless, thankful for every single experience, teaching has always been my true call. I consider myself a dynamic, cooperative and proactive person, with strong organizational skills, dedicated, focused and goal driven, with the ability to communicate effectively with parents, students and coworkers, eager to learn from every new experience with a positive attitude, staying true to my values, friends and family.
- To cultivate a fun and upbeat learning environment using multiple teaching methods that included visual, tactical, and auditory materials to reinforce or simplify complex concepts in every subject of the North American curriculum.
- To integrate multiple teaching styles to intensify the range of learning, encourage participation and keep students on task, like the use of callbacks and gestures to help them custom their four senses at a time, activating their brain potential to the fullest.
- To maintain excellent classroom management skills utilizing several behavior modification techniques as a motivator for improving conduct.
- Assigning and grading homework on a daily basis.
- Preparing per subject daily planning lessons, as well as scoop and sequence, evaluations, and report cards.
- Organize Spelling Bee contests, classroom boards and decorations, holiday’s celebrations, field trips, etc.
Founder and CEO
Boxtitles Traducciones C.A.
Mar 2012 - Sep 2014 (2 years, 6 months)
-Boxtitles Traducciones C. A. is a company specialized on audiovisual translations. Boxtitles provides English to Spanish subtitling services to all of the Latin American countries, Miami and the Caribbean. As CEO of the company, the responsibilities on a daily basis include the complete Subtitling Department operation.
-Recruitment, selection and full training of the employees. Teach them how to manage the Subtitling Software and the style manual of our clients. Therefore, it is crucial not only to have advance knowledge of English slangs and technical terminology, but also flawless neutral Spanish, which is the language in which the final product will be aired.
-To be in constant communication with the different TV Channels we provide our services to. The administration of the works orders and digital material, keep record of each movie or TV show, name, episode, house number, length duration, translator in charge, timeline to deliver, proofreading and to send files.
-Sales and Accounting. Administration of paperwork, invoices, forms, reports.
Third Grade English Teacher
Madison Learning Center
Sep 2007 - Dec 2009 (2 years, 3 months)
- To plan and assign daily lessons for every subject of the North American curriculum, working collaboratively with other teachers.
- To prepare and grade tests, and make evaluations based on their in class work, homework assignments, exams as well as their attitudes and behaviors.
- To keep accurate records of students progress and reporting to parents.
- To interact with an average of 25 students in the classroom on a daily basis to motivate, inspire and connect with all of them both as a whole and as individuals, keeping them engaged and excited to achieve their academic and personal goals.
- To take care of student’s extracurricular activities, including field trips, and supervise at recess time.
- To participate in educational workshops and education conferences.