11.6+ years’ experience as Oracle Databases Administrator
• Experience in Oracle software installation, cloning, patching (PSU/CPU) and up gradation of oracle database.
• Design, Implementing and maintaining Backup policies using RMAN, Import/Export, hot/cold backup and data pump (EXPDP/IMPDP).
• Expert in managing Oracle RAC and Non-RAC databases.
• Monitoring space related issues of (data files, tablespaces, and Disk/Disk group).
• Installation, Configuration and Implementation of Data guard/Standby/RAC.
• Having experience on DR Drills (switchover/Failover) from Primary Database to Physical Standby Database.
• Database Migration (expdb/impdp, database link, Transport tablespace & Full RMAN backup).
PostgreSQL Databases Administrator
• Having experience of Install, configure, test, monitor, upgrade, and tune new and existing PostgreSQL databases.
• Having experience on installed the multi-cluster postgreSQL database on same server with different port.
• Experience in migrating oracle databases to PostgreSQL and upgrade from 9.x to 10.x,11.x,12.x PostgreSQL version
• Experience in setup Data Replication – Warm standby /Streaming/hot-standby replication.
• Expert in Backup & Recovery including Pg dump, Bart and Barman tool, setting up WAL archiving, Point in time recovery.
• Creation & managing PostgreSQL database, schema, tables, tablespaces and users, roles & groups.
• Having experience on Installation and configuration HA (EFM/Repmgr) and Monitoring tool (PEM).
• Scheduled maintenance activities to vacuum, analyze to improve the query response time.
• Daily log analysis using pgbadger tool and query tuning.
• Installing and monitoring PostgreSQL database using the standard monitoring tools like PEM etc.
Cassandra database Administrator
• Experience in installing, configuring and monitoring DataStax Cluster (Enterprise Edition).
• Experience on Installed and configured multi-nodes fully distributed Cassandra cluster.
• Understanding of Cassandra cluster management by using datastax Opscenter, Devcenter and nodetool utility commands
• Understanding Cassandra snapshotBackup & Recovery.
• Knowledge in Cassandra read and write paths and internal architecture.
• Installed and Configured DataStax OpsCenter for Cassandra Cluster maintenance and alerts.
• Involved in data migrations, Incremental backups and data restores using ‘Snapshots’ and 'SStableloader' in Cassandra
• Managing NoSQL distributed database Cluster that includes adding and removing cluster nodes, cluster capacity planning, performance tuning, cluster Monitoring, Troubleshooting.
Oracle Goldengate Administrator
• Having experience of Oracle Godengate Implementation/setup DDL and both unidirectional & bidirectional mode and able to Configure the Manager, extractor, replicator and data pump process, initial data load.
• Monitoring Information of all Golden Gate processes running on a system (Source/Target).
• Having experience on Oracle database SQLTuning.
Cost of project was not small. We agreed to bring light of project on table at a level of 20% of payment. The rest of amount of days were spent on understanding how and why it works. Freelancer was keen to solve any struggle. However, there was constant supervision required: Founding bugs and re-pinging the freelancer to fix that. Configuration files were not crispy clear. Mixed software versions.