Cross-platform development can mean different things. It is a spectrum that ranges from porting crusty old legacy code that can only build on one version of a particular compiler and run on one platform to porting an application between different major platforms, to simultaneous cross-platform development by coding to a platform-independent application framework. With Linux starting to make inroads on the desktop, publishers of applications for Windows are increasingly interested in shipping Linux versions of their products - for some it is a major strategic decision made to compete with Microsoft, as with Corel's WordPerfect. Besides the obvious benefit of your application running on more than one kind of computer, porting is good for code. Some of the benefits of making your code work across multiple platforms are:
v The work required to make a single set of sources work for more than one platform increases its robustness, makes maintenance easier and improves the reusability of your code. Exposing your code to multiple compilers reveals coding errors in one compiler that are not detected in another.
v Testing your application on different platform will ease debugging. Latent or irreproducible bugs on one platform often will become readily reproducible on another because of the different environment or layout of memory.
S7 is focused on porting VC++ applications of several ISVs, across the globe, onto any flavor of Unix or Linux using third party tools or native development. We offer companies a cost-effective, reliable and high-quality alternative to in-house resources for deploying MS Windows based products onto other platforms. We help ISVs and organizations that are looking to increase their returns on software research and development by deploying their applications across multiple offers the expertise that most enterprises require to resolve issues of application migration, development, maintenance engineering, technical support and implementation of complex solutions that execute in multiple environments. This can be taken as porting/migration services, software consultancy or skill-set includes but not limited to familiarity with all flavors of Unix including Linux, Windows technology, their internals, GUI development using X/Xt/Motif/VC++, porting & deploying VC++ based applications onto Unix/Linux, J2EE technologies with experience on application servers like IBM WebSphere and Apache TomCat, Middleware like IBM WebSphere MQ and testing tools like HttpUnit, JUnit, mission is to help clients by providing high quality, rapid & most efficient software services at a cost effective budget and with an attractive ROI enabling them to be leaders in their respective markets. Our customer base includes many enterprises from the fortune 500 list such as, Lucent, Bristol technology, Xilinx, HP, Marconi etc to name a team is comprised of senior management and technical professionals with a wide experience in software porting, software development, deployment, support, quality assurance, and maintenance. They are used to working in collaboration with our clients? internal IT staff to provide outstanding service. Our clients come from all over the world and we have successfully conquered the problems that might arise due to different locations, different time zones, gap in communication skills, different culture etc. and we have been successful in all our endeavors and we bring value to our clients. Our experience makes sure that we can overcome various difficulties involved in outsourcing business. We have immense capabilities in terms of coordinating with our offshore clients to make sure that their expectations are being met, their needs have been taken care of and solutions have been implemented have been in business for the last 6 years [as Bristol India] and we continue to grow & succeed.
S7 offers wide range of services to clients, who are looking for a high quality service in a cost-effective manner. Samples of the services that we can offer are:
1. Porting/Migration Services: If a client company produces software for the Microsoft Windows®, then we offer our services in porting the application to other OS platforms, or providing consulting and professional services for producing cross-platform software. This begins with complete understanding of the client company's situation, objectives, and constraints. We then evaluate various options with the client, including opting for cross-platform tools to help in the migration or perform the migration using tools available on the target platform. The final objective is to make sure that the application runs with exactly the same capabilities on the target platform as the original product.
2. Bristol?s Wind/U Consulting and Professional Services: Current or potential customers of Bristol Technology?s Wind/U can benefit from an association with us. S7's Wind/U consultants offer the following services:
· Rapid Application Porting (RAP) for customers that are seeking to use Wind/U for the first time.
· Alliance Programs for customers that want long-term porting assistance with Wind/U.
· Cross-Platform Training for organizations that need to add specialized skills, related to employing and integrating Wind/U, to their development staff.
· The Linux Porting Center to assist in moving Windows applications to the Linux operating system with Wind/U.
3. Project consulting: Proposed and billed on a per-project and per-milestone basis, project consulting offers a client company a way to harness our specific qualities and use our expertise to solve specific problems, develop and/or implement plans, and develop specific software applications.
4. Outsourcing: Outsourcing is the contracting out of a client company's non-core, non-revenue-producing activities to S7. It differs from consulting in that outsourcing is a strategic management tool that involves the restructuring of an organization around what it does best - its core competencies. S7 offers a wide range of information management solutions. These solutions are designed to allow a client company to alleviate administrative functions so that it can focus on strategic areas of its business.
S7 has experience & capability to serve your software needs and our expertise lies in cross-platform [Unix/Linux/Windows] domain and everything related to it, be in porting, deploying or just native development or be it complete maintenance, QA & Support of your products. S7 offers you the best rates industry can offer with no discount in Quality at any cost, We know what it takes to accomplish your offshore outsource work successfully.