Current day to day responsibilities:
• Responsible for client hosting, DNS, emails and Enterprise network support (80 servers),
• Responsible for all security compliance and documentation
• Implementation of new product in present infrastructure.
• Working closely with the project office and business group for each project to ensure design issues are identified and project risks are mitigated as early as possible.
Day to day activities:
• Administration of services for 20 000+ users on ISP’s network. (DNS, EMAIL, HOSTING, DHCP and other)
• Ensuring the best performance of all internet services.
• Maintaining security updates on operating systems and other software on all Unix servers.
• Optimising web servers for the best performance of hosted websites.
• Server monitoring using nagios, cacti.
• Research of best practices and solutions for offsite VIP clients
• Apache, nginx, php5, mysql-server, openvpn, pptp, l2tp, ipsec, munin-node, nagios, qmail, exim4, sendmail, ssmtp, wordpress, php5-fpm, varnish, iptables, mongodb, , nfs, rsync, bacula, prtg, github, perl, puppet, dns, certificates, ssl, openssl, glusterfs, sw raid, openvz, citrix, vmware, routing, network, wowza, h264. iptv, transcoding