I am a web developer with 15 years of professional experience. I'm looking for freelance opportunities. I have been a software engineer for LinkedIn for 7 years. I have good knowledge of building websites or web applications with any framework. I also provide technical documentation with any project.
Focusing on Backbone, NodeJS and MongoDB to build a collaborative learning platform that aims help professionals increase their learning of new skills and development of their careers.
Also helped to develop a standalone course application for LinkedIn employees following along with Fred Kofman's Conscious Business book. This was managed by a Python/Flask application and a MySQL database.
I also assisted in maintaining a metrics app that helped take data from our learning platform and putting the data into a MySQL database so that reports can be easily generated. This also used a Python/Flask application.
May 2013 - Jun 2013 (1 month, 1 day)
Contract position to build a new WordPress blog which includes:
- Creating a Twitter feed utilizing Twitter API and Wordpress transients for feed caching
- Ajax implementations to dynamically display more posts
- Database migration from old blog to new Wordpress blog
- Created a simple hit counter in the Wordpress theme to track popularity of content.
- Created the website UI and helped with responsive design to support iPhone, Android and tablets.
- Developed a trending tags widget to show most used tags
- Created a custom Wordpress theme options screen to allow the client to customize their website at ease.
Feb 2012 - Apr 2013 (1 year, 2 months)
- Using a combination of Amazon S3 and Flowplayer to stream videos and programming custom interactions based on video events.
- Building custom WordPress themes catering to primarily the restaurant and lifestyle industry.
- Styling custom built WordPress websites to have responsive styling for all mobile devices.
- Assisting clients and their customers with any technical difficulties with the website.
- Building and customizing e-commerce websites to be integrated with WordPress.
- Using Chrome dev tools to debug any coding issues.
- Use a combination of jQuery, CSS and HTML5 to develop beautiful UI