8/18 Dornoch Terrace, Wwest End, QLD 4101, Australia
Technology Skill Level Experience Last Used
C#, , , CLR, ADO, OLEDB, ODBC Very proficient 5+ Years 2011
MS SQL Server 2000 / 2005 / 2008 Very proficient 5+ Years 2011
Visual Studio, VSS, IIS Very proficient 5+ Years 2011
HTML, CSS, ASP Very proficient 5+ Years 2011
XML, XSLT, XSD, SOAP, XPath Very proficient 5+ Years 2011
UML, Workflows Very Proficient 5+ Years 2011
DB Ghost, DB Compare Very Proficient 5+ Years 2009
SQL Reporting Services, XtraReports Proficient 3+ Years 2009
MySQL, C++ Proficient 2+ Years 2009
Log4Net, Infragistics, Dundas Proficient 3+ Years 2008
SharePoint 2010, WPF, XAML, MOSS Proficient 6 months 2010
Employer: ECN Solutions, Toowong, QLD, Australia
Dates: September 2010 to Present Role: .NET/SQL Analyst/Programmer
• A highly specialised technology company based in Queensland Australia
• Responsible for development on the internal management system Clarity () with SQL Server back end
• Development of a number of different Web Services (.Net Framework 4.0) for connecting different internal applications
• Setting up Active Directory and IIS Websites through Web Services running on different hosting boxes
• Interfacing with ECN technicians on system improvements and screen design within Clarity
• Project management of future projects including time estimation and structure of work
• One role in this position was the migration of the legacy hosting system (Linux Application) into Clarity including database migration
Employer: Perot Systems, Limerick, Ireland
Dates: October 2008 to May 2010 Role: .NET/SQL Analyst/Programmer
• The British Government's capital investment programme to help transform education by renewing every secondary school in England, a large quantity of this investment will be used for Virtual Learning Environments (VLE’s) to be developed in SharePoint 2010.
• I was responsible for carrying out technical proof of concept analysis on SharePoint 2010 and other tools against requirements submitted by the client.
• As part of the analysis team developed SharePoint Web Parts for prototyping and proof of concept.
• Developed C# class libraries for Active Directory, OpenXML 2.0 (word and excel) and SharePoint 2010.
• Built custom web parts utilizing XAML which is part of the WPF.
• Developed use cases and UML Models as part of the analysis.
• Configuration and setup of SharePoint 2010 , Visual Studio 2010 and Fast Search for SharePoint
• A major semi state body responsible for the promotion and regulation of greyhound racing in Ireland.
• I was responsible for development on the RMS Race Management System () and the client’s public facing website () both had a SQL Server back end.
• I was involved in the full life cycle of a number of significant projects including an online booking system for Greyhound Trainers to book tracks.
• Cost estimation, proof of concept analysis and scope for software development.
• Major tasks included designing, coding and developer testing, including negative testing.
• Improved the payment algorithms within RMS from processing of payments to remittance documents sent to the payee and crosschecked with files sent to the bank, utilizing SQL Server Reporting Services and CLR Stored Procedures.
• Responsible for design, implementation and test of new advertising features on the client’s public facing website, utilizing HTML embedded media player and AdRotator.
• Responsible for software builds to all LIVE environments.
• One role in this position was to migrate a VB6 and MySQL application over to a web service C#.Net 3.5 and SQL Server.
Employer: European Union EMPOSME Project, ManOpt Systems Ltd, Limerick, Ireland
Dates: August 2006 to October 2008 Role: .NET/SQL Analyst/Programmer
• .NET/SQL Analyst/Programmer for a € EU funded EMPOSME Enterprise Management and Performance Optimization project.
• I started early in the project life cycle and worked very closely with the software architect to develop object orientated modules for the EMPOSME Tool.
• The WinForms Application consisted of over 500 C# classes, over 500 SQL stored procedures and tables with over half a million records.
• Designed User Interfaces on paper and consulted with development manager on designs.
• Developed the User Interfaces using C#.Net API’s and Infragistics for .Net API’s.
• Coded with recognised design patters to maximize code reuse.
• Coded the Business Logic using Object Oriented practices for manipulating data and passing objects between the presentation layer and the data access layer
• Coded using reflection, as the system was highly decoupled
• Carried out code reviews and trained new developers on the architecture of the system
• Other tasks included creating and deleting databases, restoring and backup of databases, creating and deleting tables and stored procedures, managing revision control, comparing databases, generating scripts for the initial application installation.
• Involved in building the intranet using and Infragistics Web Controls.
Employer: Slogosmartads Ltd, Roxboro Road, Limerick, Ireland
Dates: February 2005 August 2005 Role: Web Designer
• Working within a start-up advertising company, tasked with developing and deploying their company Website and designing the company logo.
• Interfacing with the manager and the IT Administrator for requirements gathering and designing the website to their specific needs, utilizing Adobe Creative Suite and Macromedia Professional All in One
• Assessing initial set-up requirements and implementing software solutions accordingly
• Coding with Action Script 2.0 for motion animation and user interface functionality.
• Training another team mate in subsequent website maintenance, particularly the use of Dream Weaver MX Pro and Flash MX Pro
Bachelor of Science Degree (Honours) Multimedia Programming & Design (Level 8)
Limerick Institute Technology, Limerick, Ireland (2002-2006)
Result: 2.1 Honours Degree
Interests & Activities
Surfing, Angling, Photography, 6 a side football
Qualified lifeguard with resuscitation skills
Currently hold a clean driving license for motor cars and trucks up to 3000kg