1. Providing technical support on the Linux/Unix platforms
2. Responsible for handling technical chat with customers
3. Worked in a 100+ server environment.
4. Responsible for making sure high traffic site, dns service, and portal always works in 24x7(rotational) period.
5. Extensive technical troubleshooting, performance tuning experience for UNIX and RHEL based systems.
6. UNIX scripting using shell, perl and python, batch commands in Windows
7. More than 1 Year of hands-on experience in Unix and Windows based production environment.
8. Effectively provided support through chat
Our skill set ranking based upon 0-10.
Core UNIX / Linux Skill Sets
· TCP / IP Networking and UNIX / Linux security – SELinux, Chroot Jails, and Linux kernel hardening etc (9)
· Linux / UNIX servers and applications such as httpd / mail / dns (bind) etc (9)
· High availability computing, optimization (9)
· Extensive use of open source monitoring tools such as Nagios, MRTG, Cacti, and others (8)
· Use of version control systems such as rcs, svn, git, and bugzilla (6)
· Operating systems – FreeBSD (9), RHEL/Debian Linux (9), CentOS (9), Ubuntu (9).
· VmWare (9)
· KVM (9)
· Kloxo/HyperVM (8)
· Xen (6)
· HyperVM (9)
· Windows 2003 (9)
· Windows 2008 (8)
UNIX scripting / programming
· Shell scripting (9)
· MySQL DBA, tunning and MySQL clusters (8)
· PostgreSQL basic DBA (7)
· Cpanel (9)
· Plesk (9)
· Hsphere (9)
· Kloxo (7)
· Webmin (6)
· Proactively monitored and administered production and development servers remotely
· Reconfigured firewall to block “SYN” flood DoS attacks. Installed monitoring software, which allows performing statistical analysis of the cluster load up to one year long.
· Designed and implemented backup procedures.
· Configured and troubleshooted hundreds of Linux clusters, servers and workstations.
· Reported and tracked customer affecting issues to customer helpdesks.
· Subsidiary tasks involved remote and on-site systems administration of Linux and Windows boxes.
· Key skills include Linux performance tuning, open source software under Linux or FreeBSD, such as KDE, Mozilla, installation and support of clustered Apache web servers, mail, FTP and database servers of various flavors, DNS, DHCP.
· Domains migration from server to server.