As an Interpreter, I convert information from one spoken language into another, from Spanish to English and vice versa. My goal is to have people hear the interpretation as if it were their original language.
• I answer calls in a professional manner, acting according to the Interpreter's code of conduct.
• I am always prepared to take notes during a call.
• I am aware of the specific vocabulary of different industries such as but not limited to healthcare, social service, finance, insurance, etc.
• I go into internal professional training.
• I am eager to get new professional certifications.
• I communicate and report to my team leader.
My Background And Experience
• Bilingual level of English and target language.
• 2 years as an Over-the-phone Spanish Interpreter.
• Good knowledge of medical terminology.
• I hold International certifications in the healthcare industry (PICSI and HIPAA).
• Bachelor’s degree in my native language.
• High emotional intelligence and tolerance of different cultures.
• High level of communication, listening, note-taking, and memory retention skills.
Over-the-phone interpretation (OPI) is an interpretation service that involves a three-way call. The interpreter facilitates the conversation between the two parties who are speaking different languages. The interpreter could be within the same building or office as the client or in a remote location.
Online Spanish Tutor
Oct 2021 - Present
I teach Spanish online.
Call Center RepresentativeCall Center Representative
Jul 2016 - Mar 2022 (5 years, 8 months)
Customers call in to inquire about balance, transaction history of their gift cards and I have to provide them with the information.
I have to unlock accounts and resets passwords of customers.
Diploma in Education
Universidad Catolica Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic 2016 - 2017
Universidad Nacional Evangélica, Extensión Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic 2008 - 2012
United Language Group
A qualified interpreter is an individual who is able to interpret effectively, accurately, and impartially, both receptively and expressively, using any specialized vocabulary required by the circumstances.