Data Entry - Excel Spreadsheet
- Status Closed
- Budget $250 - $750 USD
- Total Bids 32
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work efficiently and independently
- Detail oriented
- Microsoft Excel
- Internet access
This is a basic data entry position. The contractor will enter information found at a provided hyperlink into an Excel spreadsheet, including the title, number of pages, publication date, publisher, and authors. We provide: (i) the Excel spreadsheet that contains the hyperlinks and (ii) the guidelines on data entry (general guidelines are below). Additional guidelines will be provided after the candidate submits the trial assignment).
General Guidelines on Data Entry
Under the appropriate column, enter:
(2) Number of Pages – if paginated (most Blogs and News Articles don’t have pages);
(3) Publisher(s) – this will always be a company, university, law school, website name, or publication name (e.g., The Corporate Journal or Texas Law Review); if more than one publisher exists, each should be set out in a separate column;
(4) Date of Publication – If only a year is provided, and if no other indication of the date of publication is provided (including document properties, which can be access by right clicking upon the web page), the date should be January 1 of the provided year. If only a month is given, and no other indication of the date of publication is provided, the date should be the first day of the month; and
(5) Author(s) – this will always be a person’s name—not an entity; if more than one author exists, each should be set out in a separate column.
It is imperative that the information is accurately recorded in the appropriate column and row in the spreadsheet, and we would prefer to have the contractor copy-and-paste titles and publisher and author names when possible. Occasionally certain information cannot be found (e.g., no authors or publishers listed; date not apparent). Please leave the cell blank if the information cannot be found.
- Fixed fee of ten (10) cents per link for which all the required metadata is accurately added to the spreadsheet. For example, if the contractor accurately adds data to fifty (50) rows / hyperlinks, the contractor will be paid $5.00.
- Quality work that does not require revision
- Minimal supervision
For an example of the finished product, see the attached file titled “Add Metadata – Example”. Once you understand the requirements, please submit an example of your work based on 15 of the links in the attachment titled “Trial Assignment – Add Metadata to List of Approved Links.”
Landing the Job: Show us an example of your work product by completing a brief assignment.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online