Must be near North Dakota - 4 to 5 days a month.
We are looking for someone to provide T1 and T2 onsite desktop support and some management consulting for the purpose of delivering IT services to customers on time, on budget and with the required quality.
Our client is seeking a talented IT Field Service Technician. This IT Field Service Technician opportunity will contribute to the success of the company through the demonstration of technical expertise and interpersonal skills, providing our clients with superior service.
In this role you will:
• T1 and T2 onsite desktop support and some management consulting.
o Assist clients by working on a variety of IT-related projects, providing additional or backfill coverage when required, and providing hardware, infrastructure, and/or application support functions in the field.
o Be an extension of the existing corporate IT support strategy and processes.
o Troubleshoot Tier 1 hardware and software.
o Provided support both in person as well as remotely.
o Provide advice and consultation, with a special emphasis on looking at larger picture trends and making recommendations from Root Cause Analysis to navigate reoccurring challenges.
o Retrieve equipment and update the online database with the newly deployed equipment as well as the old equipment.
o Check and work in ticket queues when visits are scheduled.
o Clearing any debris left from a deployment.
• Technical advice
• Personal computing tune-up
• Unboxing, mounting and installation of new hardware
• Connection, basic configuration and testing of new equipment.
• Removing of old hardware.
• Local “smart-hands” for Client’s remote technical staff.
• Interface between Client and local staff.
• Assistance and labor for any other IT/network related matters as indicated by the Client
• Experience in the repair & troubleshooting
• Ability to identify customer needs and match their solution with company product/services
• Knowledge of industry and applications
• Computer literacy, esp. with MS Office
• Ability to be on the road 25-40% of the time depending on location
• Must have own, dependable vehicle and good driving record
• Ability to conduct business in an ethical, successful manner
• Self-motivated, strong desire to achieve personal professional growth
• Strong technical, communication and organizational skills
• Maintain work-life balance
Hourly compensation. As a part-time IT Field Service Technician your compensation will be dependent on your experience. You will be reimbursed for any lodging expenses if required. Paid 57.5 cents per mile.