Software to analyse GPX running files in-depth
This project received 2 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of €222 EUR.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget€30 - €250 EUR
I need an OS X based tool which can analyze GPX data in-depth. Background: all fitness sites that I am aware of which can take in GPX data give a relatively superficial analysis of runs:
- heart-rate over time, av. / max / min HR
- location plotted on a map (neat but not very useful)
- Speed over time
What I am looking for is a tool which can properly correlate these data in order to derive a fitness score for a particular run. The challenge here is to understand the relationship between Heart-Rate, Speed, Incline / Decline, Duration of the run taking into account body weight, gender, and age. For example, many existing websites would say I did a great job if I completed a given run in 30 rather than 40 minutes. However, they do not take into account the heart-rate that was clocked vs. the time it took on an integrated basis.
Specifically, the tool needs to be able to:
- import a GPX file, weight, age, gender
- provide a graphical display of time (x-axis), Heart-Rate, Elevation, Pace, Grade-adjusted-pace (all y axis)
- compute and display the fitness score for a particular run; this score is something you must develop, but it needs to be based on the entire GPX file, not on averaged-out data (i.e. av. heart-rate, av. pace, distance). I have ideas on how I would do the computation but would like you to come up with your own.
- this only needs to work for runs, not for biking etc.
In order to do this, I am providing a set of GPX data you can work with. You should in addition work with:
- weight: 60kg
- Age: 35
- Gender: Male
The tool does not need to be:
- scalable for many users
- able to display the run on a map
Projects which are produced based on uploading the GPX files to an existing online fitness website and then using their analysis are not acceptable. This needs to be a stand-alone piece of software.
If this project produces valuable insights I will consider pushing it forward into something more serious.
If you have questions please ask!
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online