Information Retrieval program in Java
This project was successfully completed by gmaslov for €166 EUR in 3 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Project Budget€30 - €250 EUR
Completed In3 days
I am looking for a Java Programmer with some experience behind to write a simple Information Retrieval Project for me.
Web Search Engine using Apache Lucene
- Crawl arbitrary webpages recursively, starting at a seed URL (entered in the Java program from the user)
- Parse and index each crawled webpage (may use jsoup)
- Print a ranked list of relevant webpages given some query (query entered in the program)
The program must be written in Java, no GUI required (console is fine) and it is not allowed to use any external libraries except Apache Lucene and Apache Maven to compile the whole Project.
Addition to the WebSearch Engine
- Additional summary is printed for each search result
- Contain a number of excerpts that are relevant to the search query
- Have a congurable number of excerpts
- Be printed in a readable, understandable way (may use the lucene-highlighter package)
This will be addition to the Web Search Engine from above.
For further questions and full description of the needs, we may have a contact through Email or else.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online