We have an existing Shell Script that I use to automate the provisioning of new websites on our servers. I need someone with Shell script experience to alter the New Website Script to cater for a change of Web Server Software (Apache2 to Nginx) and to make a few modifications and improvements.
We use PivotalTracker to manage all project requirements and tasks, so you need to be comfortable with Agile methodologies.
I also have several other scripts and projects in mind, so this initial project is about finding and establishing a relationship with someone who has the right capabilities and skills, who is good to work with, reliable and efficient.
DO NOT APPLY IF:
- you don't know how to SSH onto a Linux Server
- you are familiar with automated installations vis APT-GET package management
- you don't know what Nginx or PHP5-FPM is
Initially I want to establish that you do in fact have the necessary skills, hence this project has 2 distinct Milestones:
Milestone 1 - produce a script that generates, installs and enables a Nginx Vhost for a given FQDN (www and non-WWW).
Milestone 2 - existing script file will be provided which is to be updated as described above.
YOU MUST BE FAMILIAR WITH:
+ be familiar with SVN
+ be familiar with SSH via Public/Private key Auth
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING:
- a static IP address & a public key for Authentication
- estimates of effort for requirements as outlined
- dates when work will be completed by and these MUST BE met
We are running a business here, so please don't apply unless you can be honest, communicate well and delivery on your promises/commitments