I have a backend system for an iOS app (Phonegap), the backend system should send push notifications to the app. I have this working for Android, but running into problems implementing this for the iOS.
I am not the app developer just implementing the backend system. I dont need implementation help at this point but I have a few questions regarding implementing this feature that I need some answers too. So basically I am looking for a well experienced iOS developer as a consultant:
- Are there two certificates needed for sending push notification from the server (one for the secure SSL connections, another for the verification - like which app we are sending the notification to) or just one?
- Is the generated certificate linked to the specified server? Like to the IP of the server? Or will the push notifications work as well if we generate the certificate for the one server and later just copy/paste it to another server? Will this give us any error if sending simple push notification?
- What is the suffix of the certificates for the server? Just .pem or something else as well?
- Is possible to generate a certificate for the APNS under Win as well or do we need Mac?
- What possibly can be go wrong if we don't receive any error back from the APNS, but the push notifications are not delivered to the devices?
7 freelancers are bidding on average $350 for this job
Hello sir, I have 3 year experience on mobile development side and i have already do apple push Notification feature so i can do this task. please tell me when we will need to start work on it Thanks
As I understand, you want consulting on the 5 questions that you listed. I am able to answer these questions and also provide you with alternate solutions if required. Thanks and hope to be working with you soon!