I promise, no BS with me. Not going to lie, looking for a development partner is a pain in the ass: I can only imagine how it is on the other side of the screen ;)
I've picked a very simple project to start with. If you can't handle this project, there's no way you can handle the other ones that I've got planned.
I want to build a book price comparison site. There are a ton of these out there, so there are a lot of places we can get inspiration from. However, I have plans behind the scenes that will make this better than our competitors.
At the moment, you probably think I'm crazy to say this is a simple project, right? Not at all. Rather than working with 30+ APIs, we only have to work with 2 aggregator APIs. The APIs provide all the pricing data we need as well as a lot of the book data. We may also utilize the Amazon Product Advertising API for additional categorical and descriptive book data.
I plan on using this technological base to build similar sites. Additionally, most of the sites I have mapped out are based on employing aggregator APIs in unique ways and utilizing autoscaling, so this should be a good taste of what to expect in the future.
Pay attention here TL:DR people! Here's the stuff you need to know about working with me. I like to:
- Be challenged; if something's stupid, tell me.
- Work with problem solvers; Google what you don't know and bring me potential solutions.
- Work with a rapid application development/37signals "Getting Real" framework.
- Utilize preexisting codebases and design elements; let's not reinvent the wheel: we can use the Envato marketplaces, WrapBootstrap, WPMUDEV, & more.
- Take time EVERY day to find out what you accomplished, what problems you had, and what questions you have for me.
Alright, this is the part of the listing where I have to put a hoop in place to check if people can read :P All I want you to do is find a book price comparison site that you think will be tough competition. Put the name of the site at the START of your message in CAPS. Talk a little bit about WHY their competition should be taken seriously and HOW we can do better. If you don't do this, I won't look your profile.
From all the above, it should be clear that I'm a sane and thoughtful person. If you are one too, let's talk! I look forward to speaking with you :)