Develop a converter from RS232 to USB HID keyboard. Bymeans that the device would be able to receive RS232 data and connect to a PC through the USB port and input the data received as a keyboard.
- The circuit must be selfpowered by the USB port
- It has to be recognised from the PC as keyboard or any other device included in the basics operating systems
- The microcontroller must be Microchip
- A PC utility communicating through the USB port must be provided to set communications parameters over the RS232 port.
Items to be provided:
- working sample
- PCB layout, schematics and project files
- complete C language source code
- Circuit must be designed in Altium Designer
- Compiler must be either Microchip or CCS
If you cannot provide the full job, you may still apply by stating exactly what you cannot do.
13 freelancers are bidding on average $553 for this job
I am electronics design engineer and I have done/doing USB based projects. In fact, I work for a keyboard manufacturing company. I am pretty confident of delivering exactly what you are looking for.
I have 6 years experience in developing Firmware for 8 bit Microcontroller,USB Device, RS232 drivers on OSless device & os based [url removed, login to view] Understanding of USB enumeration process at PC side.