I need a new and iconic type of website that does not currently exist, as I know it, on the web. I need to know 2 things from project bidders:
1. How do you intend to build it? (what programming platform, database, etc., with examples of your work with such platforms)
2. How much time and cost will it take to build it?
Please review job description below and in your notes please suggest why the programming platform(s) you will use to complete the project is best for:
3. stability, and
Please provide work samples that are relevant and a rough estimate of job duration in hours.
I need to build a voting website unlike any voting sites currently on the web, although it is not complex. Here are the basic features:
1. The voting site allows visitors to vote on items in a top 10 visual picture lineup (and clickable to another top 100 page, broken down by category, and by item to item page), and vote yes or no once a day. Visually, the front page is very simple: Pictures listed across the page (in rows or columns) in squares, not much else (exception, menu and logo up at the very top of page)
2. The rankings are listed top 10 overall, then below in top 10 by category, then clickable to category pages listing top 100, or top 50, whatever works visually and technically.
3. The rankings can be updated once a day or more if not significantly more complicated technically. The most functionally secure voting by IP address or whatever the developer suggests would be best. I dont want someone to be able to game the voting system easily.
4. The voting site visual design (css) will be completed by another service provider.
5. Each item page should have a comments section where visitors can post comments.
6. Voting rankings should be determined by a somewhat better algorithm than net votes (yes votes - no votes). I can develop that with the winning developer.
7. Visitors can submit an item for voting, with text and photo (reviewable by admin for inclusion to item list) only if they are registered users. So, the site needs to have a registered user set up, with basic social networking features.
8. There should be twitter, facebook, email share, etc. social networking tools for the rankings and maybe comments if feasible technically.
9. There should be "new items", "rising items", and such trending tabs on the front page to alert visitors to items that have been recently added or are trending, not just the top 10, or top 100.
Those are the basic features. If a developer thinks this can be pulled off using Wordpress then great. I personally dont see WP, Drupal, Joomla, etc. having the type of functionality that I mention. This is a very simple concept design wise ... visually. Just pictures on a page with some contextual text. Not much else going on that distracts the visitor. The purpose of this site is to vote and see which items are making the top 10 or trending etc.
I need someone with strong programming skills, whichever language that seems suitable, database skills (obviously need this), and then knowledge of what a designer is going to need to be able to create good CSS design. It would be great to have a moving horizontal scroll as rankings change real time but that might not be feasible in the short term. If it is feasible, great.
22 freelancers are bidding on average $1541 for this job
Hello, We are professional developers with similar development expertise. We assure you best quality designs/work with unlimited number of revisions. Please view PMB for details. Thanks
With more than 100 reviews, we have been providing high quality services for more than 3 years now. We would ensure high quality and appoint our best person to take care of your prestigious project.