We're a small Australian writing company in need of a proofreader!
The role in brief:
- Work from home
- Immediate start
- Flexible schedule
- Ongoing work
- Rate of $[url removed, login to view], previous proofreaders have averaged 20 pages per hour
- Realistically you will initially be looking at around $50-$70 a week
This would suit a graduate/postgraduate student/junior freelance writer/editor looking for a small steady income supplement.
Work can fluctuate from day to day, and across the year, so ideally you are working from your desk during the day, perhaps in research, study or freelance writing/editing.
The work is straightforward, and offers flexibility for the right candidate.
No commute, no uniforms - all we ask is 100% accuracy and reliability.
You will need:
- Nearly complete/complete degree qualification in law, commerce or business;
- Capacity to proofread work once in the morning (30min-1hr) and once in the afternoon (30min-1hr) - i.e. if you have class/other work commitments, you will be able to fit in proofreading work;
- Very strong command of English, and the ability to sustain focus, speed and accuracy;
- Strong MS Word skills; and
- an ABN.
We are expecting a high volume of applications. Please DO NOT apply for this position if you do not meet all of the above requirements - these are inflexible.
Applications: please submit your resume and cover letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a short trial.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
10 freelancers are bidding on average $310 for this job
Hi, I'm a certified English teacher and have excellent analytic skills. My language skills are impeccable and I have previous experience in proofreading. Hope to hear from you. Sylvia
I am ready to work for you. I love reading and checking the grammar of English-language texts, but what I do not like is people who let [url removed, login to view] projects expire.