We have a Linux web server, running ISPConfig (control panel) on CentOS 5.5 that I would like to backup to the Amazon S3 storage service.
The script needs to:
- run nightly
- store full backups of web files
- store full backups of MySQL databases
- retain daily backups for 14 days
- retain the equivalent of weekly backup (maybe the Sunday backup) for 3 months
- retain the equivalent of a monthly backup (maybe the backup from the first of each month) for 12 months.
We have an Amazon S3 account already established that will be used and some backup scripts somewhat developed but not complete. Would prefer if the scripts are developed in PHP (because we have strong experience with the language) but happy for the scripts to use other languages if relevant justification is provided.