You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
This project requires you to perform internet research on three British supermarket chains: Tesco, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons. The research should cover three perspectives: business operation and strategy, financial performance and ethical issues. After the research, you should produce a report on your findings, not more than 30 pages (excluding references).
This project aims to analyse the current market conditions of the supermarket industry within the UK. You should analyse the similarities and differences of the business operations and strategies taken by these three largest supermarket chains. You should analyse their performance from the financial perspective as well (good financial knowledge and background would be an advantage): more generally the investors’ expected return per year, if they were to invest in each one of these companies. You should consider whether there’s any critical ethical issues related to these companies as well, which might affect the future business operations.
Your Job Scope
1) As mentioned earlier, you should research towards three directions: business operations and strategies, financial performance, ethical issues. You should conclude with the future prospects of these three companies based on your findings and judgments. Offer a recommendation to Mr Jacob on which company to invest in. Support your reasons with evidences and references.
2) Produce a report based on your findings and judgments. The report should be professional, but not too complicated for Mr Jacob to understand. The structure of the report should be clear and easy to understand.
3) The report should NOT be more than 30 pages long. But you need to include a list of references to support your findings.
4) You may need to visit the companies’ websites to download the most recent Annual Reports, as a source of information. But do not solely rely on the Annual Reports.
5) The total duration of the project should NOT take more than 14 days, (10 days preferred).
6) Any Freelancer successfully awarded with this project should keep me updated with his/her progress every day or two days.
7) Freelancer is encouraged to use his/her financial knowledge and expertise to carry out the task, with creativity in terms of methodology, as long as the final report is convincing to the reader – Mr Jacob.
8) I will provide you a few analysts’ reports (which you may not be able to find easily on websites) on each of these companies, for your references. I will also provide you the relevant financial information for each of these three companies, including financial ratios, as well.
If you are interested to undertake this project, PLEASE read the file attached here, BEFORE you bid. (You need to quote the hidden password)
NB: I will NOT consider bids higher than US$75.