You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
We have a dedicated server we're purchasing to run free courses for the public. We are expecting a total userbase of 30,000 users spread out considerably, as they will be accessing self-paced courses for no credit, hosted through a Moodle installation on dedicated hardware at a robust data centre. I'm looking for maximizing the performance of the hardware and would like someone with experience tuning for Moodle installs of 10,000 plus if possible. Please sell me on your experience.
This project is the setup and optimization of the dedicated server's application stack (httpd, php, mysql, accellerators, and cache)
- Setup and optimization of lighttpd and X-Sendfile (we're using this instead of Apache because Moodle claims it has performance benefits)
- Configuration of PHP (latest version) in FastCGI Mode (see docs below for required modules)
- Setup and optimization of APC (Alternative PHP Cache)
- Setup and optimization of MySQL with PHPmyAdmin
And here are the server hardware specs:
- 2X Intel Xeon E6-2620 (2.00GHz, 15M Cache, 7.2GT/s QPI, 6 Cores)
- 64GB Ram
- 2x240GB SSD Enterprise on RAID 1
- CentOS 6x64 (optimizing this would be great, also)
The hardware should be acquired in the next week or so and setup in the datacentre.
If you have any questions, please contact me.