You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I run a site that needs to be completely overhauled, and I'm planning to build the new version on the MODx Revolution CMS on EC2. I'm looking for help in using AWS to my best advantage and getting my server set up there.
The site currently runs on a LAMP box at a managed host with support for the LAMP components. I am not a system administrator nor am I highly knowledgeable about Linux, and I really want to get started on building the actual site and not spend too much time dealing with the intricacies of AWS and server setup.
For this project, you need to:
- Design a scalable, fast EC2-based architecture to fit my use case and monthly server budget
- Provide a scaling plan (leveraging AWS in the most cost-effective and efficient way, without sacrificing speed)
- Provide AWS cost estimates from here: http://calculator.s3.amazonaws.com/calc5.html
- Explain your reasoning and provide options
- Provide an AMI
Please note, the scaling plan may involve more than one AMI (e.g., if the best way to scale up is to use multiple specialized server instances). If so, all AMIs must be provided.
I want to be able to spin up an instance of your AMI, install MODx, and start developing.
Regarding the AMI, it must meet the MODx requirements on this page:
I want to run 64-bit Debian (Wheezy), optimally configured for my use case. I also want the latest stable versions of the following to be installed, optimally configured, and working:
- Apache 2.2
- Compile this with the "Prefork", "Worker", and "Event" MPMs. See http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mpm.html
- Also install PEAR.
- Also install phpMyAdmin and create an admin user.
- Also create an FTP user.
I might also be interested in additional consulting/training. Please specify your hourly consulting rate with your bid.
Please note, you do not need to know anything about MODx to do this job. However, you'll need to learn more about it to understand its server usage so you can design the best architecture for it.
Please DO NOT BID on this project unless you have solid experience with Debian, Apache, and designing scalable server infrastructure on AWS. Please provide a brief overview of your experience in these areas with your bid. Also, please give your best estimate of how many hours you'll use.
Thank you for reading and bidding if you think you'd be a great match for this job.