You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
* There are TWO tests to be created in this project. If you can only do one, indicate so.
* You will be given access to an online testing service in which the questions have to be setup
* These questions are answered by candidates at their end
* Each will be a timed test for which the candidates will have 90 minutes, that may comprise of 20-25 questions in the final version.
* Questions will be shortlisted by me. You may want to submit more than the above number.
* Question types permitted –
* * * Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) – single answer,
* * * Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) – multiple answer,
* * * Subjective Answer
* The system can support actual coding problems (for which the candidate writes actual code which is then tested against pre-set outputs), but I’m not in favor of using them
* Your questions MUST have the correct answer!
* No plagiarism – you can adapt from sources appropriately
* Questions and their answers MUST NOT BE EASILY SEARCHABLE on the major search engines
DBA – Primary skills to be tested:
* Proven knowledge and experience in managing multiple instance MySQL Database System environments, including a Data Warehouse environment (including InnoDB and MyISAM skills)
* Proven knowledge and experience in Database System performance analysis and tuning (e.g., SQL query optimization, and database, schema, table, index, design, database object management, including tables, relationships, stored routines, triggers and users) and resource monitoring (e.g., disk I/O, server load, memory usage)
* Proven knowledge and experience with MySQL clustering and HA configurations
* Proven knowledge and experience in Database System QA testing, benchmarking, and validation
* Excellent knowledge of open source monitoring utilities: Nagios and RRDTool-based monitoring / graphing solutions (e.g., Cacti, MRTG, and Cricket) as well as database system centric tools and utilities (e.g., MySQL Enterprise Monitor, and SQL Query Analyzer).
* Proven knowledge and experience in performing MySQL upgrades, migrations, and installations (including experience upgrading to MySQL 5.5 a plus).
DBA – Secondary skills to be tested:
* Experience with the following applications: Symantec NetBackup, NIS, Puppet, Apache, Tomcat
* Excellent knowledge / understanding and hands-on experience working with enterprise open source systems (e.g., Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, or Ubuntu).
DBA – Other skills to be tested:
* Knowledge of scripting languages (Shell / Bash, PERL, PHP).
* Experience with Pentaho, Kettle, and other ETL solutions.
* Working knowledge of version control systems and utilities.
* Experience with NoSQL DB system derivatives a plus (e.g., MongoDB).
* Experience working with DELL server and storage hardware, including remote administration, a plus.
SysAdmin – Primary skills to be tested:
* Operating Systems: CentOS / RedHat v6.x; Ubuntu 10+; Fedora
* Virtualization: VMware ESXi / vSphere; Linux KVM / VHost
* VPN: IPSec; OpenVPN; PPTP
* Frontend Services: Apache; Nginx; F5 LTM
* Monitor / Alert: SNMP; Nagios / Incinga; Cacti; SawMill; Splunk; Monit; SysSTAT; Syslog; MonIT
* Automate / Deploy: Puppet; Slack; Capistrano
* Ticketing Systems: Jira / Bugzilla; RT Ticketing; or equivalent
* Knowledge of MySQL server administration and troubleshooting.
* Knowledge of web application security, understanding of vulnerabilities and countermeasures (e.g., Apache hardening and configurations).
SysAdmin – Secondary skills to be tested:
* Networking: Cisco Routers / Switches; Checkpoint; F5 BigIP; Force10; Palo Alto
* Security: Cisco ASA; Checkpoint FWs; Snort; Enterprise WiFi; LDAP / NIS / Radius
* Backend Services: MogileFS; iSCSI; DNS / BIND; NFS (v3 and v4); XFS; EXT3 and EXT4
* Working knowledge of files systems, NFS, SAN storage (e.g., EqualLogic Arrays)