You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
DBA Wanted Create and Maintain a Mirror SQL Server and Web Server - Part Time Contract Job
We are looking for an experienced SQL Server DB Administrator (DBA) to create and maintain a mirror web site and SQL server to take over the functions in the event of failover of the principal server. We are running a web Server with ASP pages and SQL server onWindows Server 2003 Standard Edition Service Pack 2. Mirroring shall be done continuously and monitored through automated scripts.
We will take care of hosting the principal and the mirror servers. When there is failover of the principal web server or the SQL server, mirror server should preferably seamlessly take over the functions of the principal server. Alternately, we are willing to live with 10 to 15 minutes of downtime, if required. Until the principal server is restored, snapshot backup and tape backup shall be taken on Mirror server (The backup will be handled by our Mirror Server hosting service). When the principal server is restored, the data from the mirror server shall be synched with the principal server and the principal server should take back the functions. Additionally, the mirror site can also be used as a load balancer to reduce the load on the principal server, if feasible (Optional, not essential).
Mirroring can be done using SQL Server Mirror Utility or through Virtualization (MS Hyper-V or VMWare), whichever is more efficient, robust and suitable for this project. If possible, please provide your quote price for both the options.
Please quote your price to create, test and launch the mirror site. Also, please quote how much you would charge for the monthly maintenance of the mirror site. Please briefly inform how you would implement the project and how long it would take to create, test and launch the mirror site. Also, please email the list of previous projects you have executed in this field.
After the mirror server is setup and running, mirror server DBA should monitor the mirror site and hold periodic discussions at least once in a month. Of course, in case of emergency, if the mirror server has any problems, mirror server DBA should be available on call on short notice.
Person executing the project should have at least 5 year experience in SQL Server and Web Server Administration and mirroring of SQL server and web sites.
• Principal Web Server and SQL Servers are hosted on two different IP at the same server location.
• Mirror Server will be hosted on a different server at a different location.
• Principal Web Server and SQL Servers are hosted on Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition Service Pack 2.
• Failover notification of the principal server will be sent through email /phone.
• Approx. Size of Database 4000 MB, Data file – 850,000 KB, Log file – 3,200,000 KB
• Bandwidth usage: Average : 460,000 KB per day, Peak: 800,000 KB per day, Total per month: 13,000,000 KB per month
• The mirror server can be optionally used as a load balancer. If the mirror server is used as a load balancer, the data should be synched with the principal server and backed up.
• Mirror server shall be monitored continuously and periodic logs shall be sent through email to make sure that the mirror server is working properly.
• We have also installed MacAfee, Firewall, Gen 6 FTP Server for protection.
• We use SmartStats for Web log and Google Analytics for tracking some web pages.